Windows 10: Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You should be able to select the MSA in netplwiz, then enter its password when requested to set it up. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by buythiscomputer, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

You should be able to select the MSA in netplwiz, then enter its password when requested to set it up.

Brink, Aug 10, 2017
  2. Shenzie Win User

Roger that. Tried it several times. Password still demanded.

Shenzie, Aug 10, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Just to verify, this is at startup and not after signing out or locking the computer?

Brink, Aug 10, 2017
  4. Shenzie Win User

Correct, sir. On cold start and on restart.

Murph

Shenzie, Aug 11, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hmm, ok.

Just to note, this will only work for your friend to sign in at startup on the local PC. It won't work for remote sign-in.

In addition, double check to make sure that the correct MSA has been selected in netplwiz, and the correct "password" (not PIN) for the MSA was entered.

Brink, Aug 11, 2017
  6. Shenzie Win User
    Understand re remote sign-in. That's not an issue.

Re the correct MSA: There is only one...so having picked the wrong one seems a bit unlikely.

I'll keep researching. Thx for you responses, Brink.

Murph

Shenzie, Aug 12, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Please let us know how it went Murph.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Switch Microsoft Account

2. How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and in the process they installed windows 10 on a new hard drive for me, but they made a new account attached to a new email for it instead of my old one. This is causing a lot of desyncing issues, and I'm trying to figure out how...
  3. How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and in the process they installed windows 10 on a new hard drive for me, but they made a new account attached to a new email for it instead of my old one. This is causing a lot of desyncing issues, and I'm trying to figure out how...
  4. How to switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and in the process they installed windows 10 on a new hard drive for me, but they made a new account for it instead of my old one. This is causing a lot of desyncing issues, and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the new one and...
  6. How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10: I just got my PC back from the repair shop, and in the process they installed windows 10 on a new hard drive for me, but they made a new account for it instead of my old one. This is causing a lot of desyncing issues, and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the new one and...
  7. How to Switch Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. switching microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching microsoft accounts: I want to give my old laptop to my brother. I just want to ask if it's ok to do clean install windows 10 and add his microsoft account instead? Or is there easier way?...
  9. Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with Switching Windows 10 Microsoft Account: I have recently had to change my Microsoft account and email. I am now trying to change my log in details to windows 10 as it is under my now closed old email address and old Microsoft account. Following earlier advice I have created a local account and when I try to log in...
  10. Switching Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching Microsoft Accounts: My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well... But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was...