Windows 10: Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello, What can we do when it is not possible to signin with microsoft account on windows 10 ? Thank you for your help. 5375 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by buythiscomputer, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Hello,

What can we do when it is not possible to signin with microsoft account on windows 10 ?

Thank you for your help.

:)

buythiscomputer, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Robert PB Win User

can't switch to microsoft account in windows 10

Thanks for the reply, but you're way to late to the party, you realise this was last year ?

This was last year, way before cortana came out.

I fixed the problem months ago

I got no help from microsoft, I found a different method to fix the problem

All the options relating to switching to a microsoft account are greyed out.

You cant change them at all.

The fix was using MSconfig, configuration tab, Check the box for hide all microsoft services

then click on disable all, then restart the PC, after that those greyed out options are working.

microsoft dont even help on their own forum for this problem after all this time

when solution above has been known about for months.

Robert PB, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Cannot switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

I have the same problem, but the Wajam program is not installed.

Are there any other solutions for this problem?

Tolle Colart, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Hello, there is really nothing to show, no error message, nothing, i just click on

SIGN IN WITH MICROSOFT ACCOUNT INSTEAD

and nothing moves.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 20, 2015
  7. Tried it, and nothing moves also, no option related to accounts seems to be active. So weird, on other computers bases on the same install of windows 7 upgraded to windows 10 i do not have any problem.

Thank you again <3

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It is odd, but I find that upgrades usually have some sort of strange issue.

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
  9. KeithR Win User
    I am logged in with a local account but I do have a Microsoft account. When clicking on the "Log-in with Microsoft account instead" it goes straight to a window asking for the log-in details i.e. email address and password. I fill the details in and click Log-In (the only option) and nothing else happens.
    The "confirm local account password" screen, and switch screen never appear and of course the account is not switched.
    I am confused.

KeithR, Aug 23, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Keith,

While in Settings, does your account show an email address at the top like in the screenshot under step 10?

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  11. Alboari Win User
    My solution was to restore system using advanced start up options. Just restore to an earlier point. You will loose some programs, but It's worth it.

System Restore Windows 10

Alboari, Aug 23, 2015
  12. I cannot restore this computer as it has just been upgraded to windows 10.

Many seem to have the problem, so maybe Microsoft will do something ?

Thank you.

buythiscomputer, Aug 23, 2015
  13. Alboari Win User

You have to start the computer using F12 key , advanced options. It did work for me . Try it

Alboari, Aug 24, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You might see if you may be able to add your Microsoft account as a new account on the PC instead.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 24, 2015
  15. Impossible to add any account for me. I tried all.

buythiscomputer, Aug 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Switch Microsoft Account

2. Switching Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching Microsoft Accounts: My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well... But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was...
  3. Switching Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching Microsoft Accounts: My daughter got her new HP Stream today and I remembered not to attach it to the WiFi network prior to setting up her local account. All that went well... But then I went to switch it out of "S Mode", which meant signing into the Microsoft store. The only account I knew was...
  4. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch Microsoft account to local account: Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057" Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired...
  5. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....
  6. Can't switch account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch account Windows 10: I have been unable to map a network drive to a laptop running Windows 10 and it's been suggested it's because the account is under AzureAD\. We were therefore going to create a separate account that wasn't linked to Windows in order to get the drive to map properly. I've...
  7. How to switch between Local and Microsoft accounts in Windows

How to switch between Local and Microsoft accounts in Windows: I have windows 10 Pro, and a Microsoft account, and a local account, How do I switch back and forth easily, without a hassle? When I did that a couple days ago, when I switched back to my local account, it wanted a new user name for the local account, it indicated my original...
  8. Unable to switch to Microsoft Account

Unable to switch to Microsoft Account: Hello all, Im having an odd issue here. I noticed that under account settings, it told me that I needed to verify my identity for the Microsoft Account I was using. Thinking "Okay, thats odd. I thought I did that already, but no big deal Ill do it again." I clicked on...
  9. No option to switch to Microsoft account.

No option to switch to Microsoft account.: Hi, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my desktop pc (laptop went from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro) and I am trying to sync the settings across the 2 devices. On my pc I do not have the option to switch from local account to my Windows account. [img] I created a new...
  10. Switched to Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switched to Microsoft Account to Local Account - Programs Gone: Hi, First time posting here but I hope you can help. I switched my microsoft account to a local account and now my laptop cannot start applications I have installed, such as Chrome and WoW. I tried switching back to a microsoft account and this did not resolve the...