Windows 10: switch to new tab when opened in edge

Discus and support switch to new tab when opened in edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by MacNala, Dec 20, 2015.

1. MacNala Win User

switch to new tab when opened in edge

How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link?
    The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How?

:)

MacNala, Dec 20, 2015
  2. zemaitis Win User

New tabs in Microsoft Edge

Crickets. Still no resolution and very disappointed with EDGE. If you say "open in a new tab", then go and do just that. Please add "Always switch to new tabs when they are created" as a setting, as it is currently in IE.

zemaitis, Dec 20, 2015
  3. microsoft edge getting buggy

I tried these and still edge hangs upon opening any and all tabs. Now when I switch tabs the new one will be blank and I have to wait for it to appear, even if I previously had the tab open. Also when I start to type in edge, it freezes and doesn't want
    to type. Sometimes I can type everything without it showing, then suddenly edge goes stupid fast and fills in what I typed, others it only picks up part of it.

MyraPhillipsXU., Dec 20, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

You'll have to click on it, it won't switch to the new tab when created like in IE.

Edwin, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

1. switch to new tab when opened in edge - Similar Threads - switch tab opened

2. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  3. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one: Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues....
  4. Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Edge open a new tab or something when it updates?: When I opened Edge in incognito mode just now, it loaded a new tab with the Microsoft Edge at Microsoft website. But I can't find the link now and I didn't let the website load fully. I just noticed that Edge updated earlier. So, I'm wondering if that's the case. submitted...
  5. Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Link Opens In Same Tab/Force Browser To Open New Tab: Hello, I can not find a solution to this and I was hoping someone would know the answer. I have users in my company that are complaining about a URL link opening in the same tab. This causes what they were working on to be erased. Let me provide more detail: These users are...
  6. new tab open in new edge

in Browsers and Email
    new tab open in new edge: sometimes when i login after sleep a new tab opens in new edge by itself it is different everytime 158737
  7. Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge: In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my purposes best. The default...
  8. How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do You Automatically Switch To New Tab When Opened in Edge: When you open a new tab, either by clicking with the middle mouse button, CTRL + clicking the link or right-clicking link > Open in New Tab, how do you automatically switch to that new tab when you do this, like you could in Internet Explorer? [img] 9385
  9. Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Switch tab order (Ctrl + Tab) in Edge: In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my purposes best. The default...
  10. Does Edge have a setting to switch to New Tab when opened?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Edge have a setting to switch to New Tab when opened?: This question is more to confirm I haven't overlooked anything. I've been looking through the settings for the option to switch to the new tab when opened. This feature exists in IE and Chrome has an extension for it, but I'm not seeing it in Edge. So have I missed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you automatically switch to a new tab in windows 10 edge