Windows 10: Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro

Discus and support Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently bought a Lenovo laptop Ideapad 3 that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I setup the machine with my personal Windows account an old hotmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rick Negrin, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro

I recently bought a Lenovo laptop Ideapad 3 that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I setup the machine with my personal Windows account an old hotmail email. Then I immediately upgraded it Windows 10 Pro. This is because it is a computer intended for my wife's business. So I want to sign on with Office 365 domain work accountsUpgrading to Windows 10 Pro was super annoying as I hit the bug where sets the edition as enterprise even though I clearly bought Pro and fails the upgrade. Then I had to downgrade it to Pro using some generic windows key according to a support article. The

:)

Rick Negrin, Jul 28, 2021

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro

Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro

1. Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro - Similar Threads - Switch signing Microsoft

2. W11 Pro Upgrade Sign Into Work Account Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Pro Upgrade Sign Into Work Account Issue: Hello,I have upgraded from windows 11 to windows 11 pro. However, under accounts I am not able to sign in directly to a work account. It will only let me add home accounts. I can add a business account under the access work or school, but this is not a full windows sign in....
  3. W11 Pro Upgrade Sign Into Work Account Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Pro Upgrade Sign Into Work Account Issue: Hello,I have upgraded from windows 11 to windows 11 pro. However, under accounts I am not able to sign in directly to a work account. It will only let me add home accounts. I can add a business account under the access work or school, but this is not a full windows sign in....
  4. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from home to pro: hi, i recently have the problem my pc started to ask me to activate windows even if i had it 2 years ago.... i just bought a product key of windows 10 pro and currently i have w10 home... may i ask if i can upgrade it or not...
  5. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from home to pro: hi, i recently have the problem my pc started to ask me to activate windows even if i had it 2 years ago.... i just bought a product key of windows 10 pro and currently i have w10 home... may i ask if i can upgrade it or not...
  6. Upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Home to Pro: I want to upgrade my PC from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Can I do this without having to do a complete install? I don't want to lose my files and Apps. Also, in case it makes a difference, I am on the Release Preview version of the Insider Program. Any help much...
  7. upgrade from home to pro

upgrade from home to pro: i have a HP DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS HOME INSTALLED. i purchased an upgrade on 08/12/2020. i have tried numerous times and it fails the install. it has a digital key code. the upgrade says that the home edition may not be valid. I tried using the generic activation code and...
  8. Upgraded from Home to Pro

Upgraded from Home to Pro: I have Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. My Question is, It does uses the same activation key, right ? I got NO email with a new key tho. My Microsoft account didn't told me on anything with a new key. . .....so .... I am all good with the same key...
  9. Upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from home to pro: If I upgrade to "Windows 10 Pro" from "Home" is my "Home" license still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/a78fe5c9-84bd-421f-bb3c-b27f9b5b7073"
  10. Upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Home to Pro: Just wondering, if I happen to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro, what will happen to my Home activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/ae4c447a-f850-4ffc-835e-f99d0764b553"