Windows 10: Switch updated Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home, How?

Discus and support Switch updated Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home, How? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My brother updated Windows 8 to Windows 10, then I failed to activated Windows 10 by troubleshooting. After completed, troubleshooting found Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tincharey, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Tincharey Win User

Switch updated Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home, How?

My brother updated Windows 8 to Windows 10, then I failed to activated Windows 10 by troubleshooting. After completed, troubleshooting found Windows 10 Home digital license for device running windows 10 pro. To activate using this digital license, I need to install windows 10 Home. So how do I update Windows 10 Home, after my brother updated Windows 10 pro? Is it possible?

:)

Tincharey, Jan 26, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jan 26, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Switch updated Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home, How? - Similar Threads - Switch updated Pro

2. How to switch Windows 10 Pro with Windows 11 Home licence?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch Windows 10 Pro with Windows 11 Home licence?: Hi! I have two laptops, the one is running on Windows 10 Pro and I don't think that it qualifies to be upgraded to Windows 11 Pro and the other one is running on Windows 11 Home. I'd like to switch the "Pro/Home" bit between them so that the first one is on Windows 10 Home...
  3. How to switch Windows 10 Pro with Windows 11 Home licence?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch Windows 10 Pro with Windows 11 Home licence?: Hi! I have two laptops, the one is running on Windows 10 Pro and I don't think that it qualifies to be upgraded to Windows 11 Pro and the other one is running on Windows 11 Home. I'd like to switch the "Pro/Home" bit between them so that the first one is on Windows 10 Home...
  4. Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Having used Windows versions for many years and Windows 10 since it was first introduced I recently decided to purchase a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. Apart from the delight in having newer faster hardware, my main interest was improving my data privacy and security. I...
  5. Switching Windows 10 Home and Pro

Switching Windows 10 Home and Pro: Hi, I had windows 10 Pro on PC1 and windows 10 Home on PC2. I needed to switch Home and Pro between PC1 and PC2 i.e PC1 to have Home and PC2 to have Pro. I created Windows 10 Home USB flash bootable drive from PC2. Installed Windows 10 Home on PC1 from USB drive. I had...
  6. Windows 10 home and pro switch???

Windows 10 home and pro switch???: I have a Surface pro 4 with Windows 10 pro on it that is on its last legs because of major physical abuse. So I just bought a new Surface pro 7 and that has Windows 10 home on it. What I would like to know is can I swap the licenses on the two and put pro an the new one and...
  7. Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: My son bought a home built computer from someone that had Windows 10 education / student on it and the license expired. He switched version to Windows Pro that it is no longer active. He bought Windows 10 home and now gets invalid license code....
  8. Switch Windows 10 Home to Pro

Switch Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi! If I upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional - will I lose all of my saved passwords in Chrome? I am upgrading in order to get Outlook. Do I even have to upgrade? Every time I try to use Outlook, it's an hour lost and I'm back where I've started and I've been told...
  9. Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME

Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME: I purchased Windows 10 HOME and want to install in on my pc but PRO is listed but I only have product key for HOME. I have tried everything I have seen online to make the change and nothing is working. Help!...
  10. How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Support
    How completely switch of updates in windows 10 pro: I would like to completely switch off updates for windows 10 how do i do that. 117214