Windows 10: Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up

Discus and support Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My wife and I share a pc and before the recent update We both independently used our own logins and accounts to access my compute. After this newest... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tyler Pruett, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up

My wife and I share a pc and before the recent update We both independently used our own logins and accounts to access my compute. After this newest windows update no matter what I try from making a random blank no Microsoft login account to erasing her from the pc and restarting any time I try to log in it will ONLY show my account and will NEVER show any other option to sign another account in to the pc even though in settings it SHOWS there is another account and that it has access. No her Microsoft account isn't locked.

:)

Tyler Pruett, Jul 21, 2021

2. Cannot switch between user accounts

Original title: Switch user accounts

I recently added a new local administrator account on my laptop, and i've tried to switch users to the new account i just made and it wont let me switch. It doesn't list the other account when i try to switch users, and it doesnt show up on the lock screen
    like it normally would.

xxBriannamarie, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up

Automate Switch User in Windows 10

We understand that you wanted to create a shortcut which will switch the user with just a click away. Switch user switch user function allows administrators to assume the identity of a user, it can also be used to test a user's access to resources and to
    perform application integration testing. The following options may be used in switching the user:

Option 1: To Switch User from Start Menu

• Open the Start menu, click/tap on your user name, and click/tap on the user account you want to switch to.
    • You will now be taken directly to the sign-in screen of the selected account.

Option 2: To Switch User by Running tsdiscon.exe

• Right-click on the Windows icon; then select Command Prompt.
    • Type the following:
    C:\Windows\System32\tsdiscon.exe

Press Enter. You will now be on the sign-in screen to select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

Option 3: To Switch User from Alt+F4 Shut Down Windows Dialog

• Click/tap on your desktop to make it the current focused (active) window, and press the
      Alt+F4 keys.
    • Select Switch user in the drop down menu, and click/tap on
      OK
      or press Enter.
    • You will now be taken to the lock screen to unlock.
    • Select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

Option 4: To Switch User from Ctrl+Alt+Del Screen

• Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys, and click/tap on Switch user.
    • You will now be taken directly to the sign-in screen to select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

Option 5: To Switch User from Sign-in Screen

• While on the sign-in screen, select and sign in to the account you want to switch to.

Option 6: To Switch User from Task Manager

• Right-click on the Windows icon; then select Task Manager.
    • Click on More details.
    • Click/tap on the Users tab, right click or press and hold on an already signed in user that you want to switch to, and click/tap on
      Switch user account.
    • You will now be taken directly to the sign-in screen of the selected account.

The options provided above are the only ways in switching the user. What we recommend is that you choose the easy way in switching the user.

Feel free to post your query should you need assistance.

Vanessa Oca, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up

1. Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up - Similar Threads - Switch User accounts

2. Why is the option to switch user accounts not visible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the option to switch user accounts not visible?: Hello,Recently when logging onto my computer the option to change user accounts was missing. I've updated the regedit file to make sure everything is as it should be, completed all updates, and restarted multiple times. Everything I've found online hasn't worked. The user...
  3. Why is the option to switch user accounts not visible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the option to switch user accounts not visible?: Hello,Recently when logging onto my computer the option to change user accounts was missing. I've updated the regedit file to make sure everything is as it should be, completed all updates, and restarted multiple times. Everything I've found online hasn't worked. The user...
  4. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  5. "Switch user" option disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Switch user" option disappeared: Dear Microsoft, since the last windows update, it is difficult to switch user on the PC. The only person that can log in, is the one, that has been signed in last - even after restarting the PC. So even though my girlfried used the PC last and shut it off, i won´t be able to...
  6. User Account keeps popping up with only the no option.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Account keeps popping up with only the no option.: When I try to delete certain things or make any changes to the PC the User Account Control pop up comes up but only gives me the NO option.... I have tried changing user settings but I get the same thing...so frustrating...
  7. User account not showing up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account not showing up.: Previous before update i had all my user account shown up on login screen but now. Only 1 user account is shown. I.e the account with admin privilege. The other account i had is not shown up. Nor in login screen. Nor control panel user account. And just so u know im...
  8. User account switch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User account switch: Hello, I have set up a new Microsoft account for my son and added him to my Family account to enable him to use the home PC. Whilst using my laptop to change some of his account details and restrictions, I have somehow assigned his Microsoft account to my laptop user profile....
  9. No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?: Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account I have only had my new Windows 10 laptop since November and I am still getting used to it and finding things out. I have noticed that Windows 10 “Start” options are “Shut down”, “Sign out”, “Sleep” and...
  10. No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?

in Windows 10 Support
    No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?: Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account I have only had my new Windows 10 laptop since November and I am still getting used to it and finding things out. I have noticed that Windows 10 “Start” options are “Shut down”, “Sign out”, “Sleep” and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch user option not available