Windows 10: Switch user from lock screen

Discus and support Switch user from lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How can I switch users in Win10 from lock screen? ***Modified title from: switching users in win10***... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kluhless, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Kluhless Win User

Switch user from lock screen

How can I switch users in Win10 from lock screen?

***Modified title from: switching users in win10***

:)

Kluhless, Feb 27, 2020

2. How to Switch user at Locked Screen in Windows 10

SOS, any ideas?

Running Windows 10 Pro on multiple PCs. All PCs have multiple user accounts defined. Only one PC allows users to logon by picking their name from the list of users. If a users is already logged on, and the desktop is locked, that user must log off entirely
    before the user list shows.

This is not the case on one of PCs. On the one PC, if a user left the PC with a locked Desktop, any configured user can simply select their name and switch user without the need to log off the previous user. All processes and apps are left intact as well
    for the previous user.

I did notice that after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL the PC that is working as needed offers the option to "Switch User" whereas the other PCs do not offer that option.

I did read suggestions
    HERE
    to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? We are not using picture security on any pf the PCs. Any tips or help will be greatly appreciated.

Victor_Sepulveda, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Switch user from lock screen

Switch user at Picture Password Lock Screen Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

This is true, but as from Windows 10, the list is only visible when on text password login.

When on picture password login, only the last logged in user is show.

To switch user you have 2 solutions:

Login to the last user (I you know the picture password), then Windows Start button, then click on active user and choose 'switch user'

If you don't know the picture password or you don't want to log in, you need to switch to the text password, then all the PC users appear on the left side. You choose the user you want, then click the picture password button and then you can log in.

Please add all users of a PC to the left side on the lock screen of text password AND picture password.

Thx

Kevin

KevinCloch, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Switch user from lock screen

1. Switch user from lock screen - Similar Threads - Switch user lock

2. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  3. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  4. Lock screen keyboard off switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen keyboard off switch: How do i turn this number pad on the screen off? it just automatically pop up when i loginI have on screen keyboard already off if that mattersthanks in advanced. ive been googling for a long time now....
  5. Lock screen keyboard off switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen keyboard off switch: How do i turn this number pad on the screen off? it just automatically pop up when i loginI have on screen keyboard already off if that mattersthanks in advanced. ive been googling for a long time now....
  6. No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No option to switch users from lock screen? Windows 10: Hi so unfortunately my laptop, windows 10, is locked and I don't know the current user's password. How can I get the switch users option to come up on the bottom left? Are there any keys I could press, before turning it on, or some way through the command line. Unfortunately...
  7. How to switch user from lock screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch user from lock screen?: Hello! Can you explain how to switch user from lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-from-lock-screen/3c66b4d5-d856-43f3-9e73-b831dcb30383
  8. Windows switching to Lock screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows switching to Lock screen?: I have set everything to "Never" so that my Windows 10 never goes to sleep, yet if I leave my PC (desktop) for a short while, Windows reverts to the lock screen. I have checked and double checked the settings and all are set to "Never". Any idea what is wrong and how to fix...
  9. Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen....

Switching Users: When I go to "switch users"the screen goes to the blank signon screen....: I press ALT-CTRL-DEL to switch users. The screen takes me to the blank (initial Windows screen). I press ALT-CTRL-DEL again and the screen turns light blue then the spinning icon comes on the screen. It spins for about 2-3 minutes and then returns to the blank initial sign...
  10. remove standard user from sign in locked screen

remove standard user from sign in locked screen: how do I remove the standard user account from my sign in locked screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-standard-user-from-sign-in-locked-screen/814d3be7-fedd-4a38-8d06-6fc2da41930c