Windows 10: Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time

Discus and support Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Again, the switch user option is gone in my start menu, at my login screen and at the alt+f4 menu on windows desktop. The only way i could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BorusBoris, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time

Hello,

Again, the switch user option is gone in my start menu, at my login screen and at the alt+f4 menu on windows desktop.

The only way i could make it appear again last time was to reinstall the computer

Actually, the only way i can switch user acounts is to log into the only account i see avaiable at the login screen, then from this account, log out.

Then, i see all accounts on my computer.

I am NOT in a domain, i am running a HOME edition of windows 10 ( no GPEDIT commands, thanks)

Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time d1b65ddc-8d91-43f9-8318-bec83af6729d?upload=true.png

Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time 20d3b113-b7db-4771-ae6c-53c68592acf1?upload=true.png

Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time 886d4d29-d0fe-4313-a477-5653408f26a3?upload=true.png

Please, tell me how to make the menues appear again without reinstalling the computer

:)

BorusBoris, Sep 10, 2018
  2. jk22 Win User

switch user option on power option list or on start menu list

Can I use switch user option on power option list or on start menu list ?

3. Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time

Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time

1. Switch user option disapears often - need to reinstall each time - Similar Threads - Switch user option

2. OneDrive constantly syncing – often making less progress each time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive constantly syncing – often making less progress each time: OneDrive has been processing changes of 4 files for several days, and never finishing. In fact, when I check, it frequently has made less progress i. e. fewer bytes uploaded than the previous time I checked. I followed the suggestion of this support post:...
  3. OneDrive constantly syncing – often making less progress each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive constantly syncing – often making less progress each time: OneDrive has been processing changes of 4 files for several days, and never finishing. In fact, when I check, it frequently has made less progress i. e. fewer bytes uploaded than the previous time I checked. I followed the suggestion of this support post:...
  4. OneDrive constantly syncing – often making less progress each time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth Switch Disapeared. Driver Is Installed,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Switch Disapeared. Driver Is Installed,: Hello, I Have Recently Went Into Settings Trying To Connect A Pair Of Bluetooth Headphones. The Bluetooth Switch is Gone And It Says I Do Not Have Bluetooth Turned On. I Know My Device Has Bluetooth Because It Was Working For Until Around 3 Months Ago I Have Had It Since...
  6. "Switch user" option disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Switch user" option disappeared: Dear Microsoft, since the last windows update, it is difficult to switch user on the PC. The only person that can log in, is the one, that has been signed in last - even after restarting the PC. So even though my girlfried used the PC last and shut it off, i won´t be able to...
  7. Wifi connect option disapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connect option disapeared: Hello, I did the recent update on my Wintel W8 Pro mini PC for Windows 10 on 10/20/2020 and the Wifi internet connect option disappeared. The only way to connect to the internet now is via ethernet. Help! How can I get Wifi back? Please see screen shot Sincerely,...
  8. No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?: Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account I have only had my new Windows 10 laptop since November and I am still getting used to it and finding things out. I have noticed that Windows 10 “Start” options are “Shut down”, “Sign out”, “Sleep” and...
  9. No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?

in Windows 10 Support
    No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?: Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account I have only had my new Windows 10 laptop since November and I am still getting used to it and finding things out. I have noticed that Windows 10 “Start” options are “Shut down”, “Sign out”, “Sleep” and...
  10. W10 Crashing Often for a Different Reason Each Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 Crashing Often for a Different Reason Each Time: A friend built this computer for me ~2 years ago, and since then I've replaced some hardware components and updated it to Windows 10. Since I've updated it, however, it's started crashing quite frequently with various different stopcodes (or without one at all), and I've been...