Windows 10: "Switch user" option disappeared

Discus and support "Switch user" option disappeared in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, since the last windows update, it is difficult to switch user on the PC. The only person that can log in, is the one, that has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Randy Oldenbuerger, Feb 20, 2021.

1. "Switch user" option disappeared

Dear Microsoft,
    since the last windows update, it is difficult to switch user on the PC. The only person that can log in, is the one, that has been signed in last - even after restarting the PC.
    So even though my girlfried used the PC last and shut it off, i won´t be able to log in into my account, before actually logging into her account, singing out and switch the user.

Otherwise it is impossible for me administrator to log into windows, even after a restart.
    When do you expect to have this bug fixed?
    PC: Lenovo Y540
    Windows: Windows 10 Home

:)

Randy Oldenbuerger, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

"Switch user" option disappeared

1. "Switch user" option disappeared - Similar Threads - Switch user option

2. Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Switch User & Sign Out Options: How do I remove the Switch User and the Sign Out options when i press Alt + F4 on windows 11?Every time there is an update it removes Shut Down as the default option and changes it to one of these other options. This is my personal pc, i live alone and don't have any other...
  3. Why is the option to switch user accounts not visible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the option to switch user accounts not visible?: Hello,Recently when logging onto my computer the option to change user accounts was missing. I've updated the regedit file to make sure everything is as it should be, completed all updates, and restarted multiple times. Everything I've found online hasn't worked. The user...
  4. Why is the option to switch user accounts not visible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the option to switch user accounts not visible?: Hello,Recently when logging onto my computer the option to change user accounts was missing. I've updated the regedit file to make sure everything is as it should be, completed all updates, and restarted multiple times. Everything I've found online hasn't worked. The user...
  5. Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch User accounts not showing up and switch user option not popping up: My wife and I share a pc and before the recent update We both independently used our own logins and accounts to access my compute. After this newest windows update no matter what I try from making a random blank no Microsoft login account to erasing her from the pc and...
  6. Switch User option missing - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch User option missing - Windows 10: Problem: Switch User option missing in login screen. I have 4 user accounts on my computer, 2 of which are administrators. I was using one local non-admin account, and when I tried to switch accounts on the login page, I couldn't find the options for the other accounts....
  7. No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?: Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account I have only had my new Windows 10 laptop since November and I am still getting used to it and finding things out. I have noticed that Windows 10 “Start” options are “Shut down”, “Sign out”, “Sleep” and...
  8. No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?

in Windows 10 Support
    No "Switch User" option. Is it by design?: Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1803, Build 17134.523 - Set up as Local Account I have only had my new Windows 10 laptop since November and I am still getting used to it and finding things out. I have noticed that Windows 10 “Start” options are “Shut down”, “Sign out”, “Sleep” and...
  9. Fast User Switching disappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fast User Switching disappeared: I have two users on my Windows 10 Home I used to be able to switch users very quickly, by either using the start menu, control-alt-delete, or ALT-F4 because there would be a "Switch Users" selection that puts me back into the login screen. And in the login screen, the two...
  10. How to add Switch Users option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add Switch Users option: Please, I am aware of many other ways. I am looking for this particular option. [img] 48065