Windows 10: Switch User option missing - Windows 10

Discus and support Switch User option missing - Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Problem: Switch User option missing in login screen. I have 4 user accounts on my computer, 2 of which are administrators. I was using one local... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kymonkey250, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Switch User option missing - Windows 10

Problem: Switch User option missing in login screen.

I have 4 user accounts on my computer, 2 of which are administrators. I was using one local non-admin account, and when I tried to switch accounts on the login page, I couldn't find the options for the other accounts. Using Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt+F4 and switch user choice simply returns me to the lock screen, still without options of other accounts. Clicking the windows button and then username also does not show the option to switch accounts.

Restarting the computer did not work. I use the home edition of Windows 10 version 2004, so I believe that I cannot access the Local Users and Groups option in system tools or the Local Group Policy Editor, which I saw some solutions being based off of.

:)

kymonkey250, Aug 20, 2020

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Switch User option missing - Windows 10

Can't sign out or switch users in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

If you are willing to switch between user try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Alt+F4.
    • This will open shut down window.
    • Click the down arrow key and select Switch user from the list.
    • Hit OK and it will show you other user account present on the PC.

Switch User option missing - Windows 10 choose-switch-user-and-tap-ok.png

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Switch User option missing - Windows 10

1. Switch User option missing - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Switch User option

2. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  3. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  4. Switch User Option Missing, Windows 10, HideFastUserSwitching.. solution not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch User Option Missing, Windows 10, HideFastUserSwitching.. solution not working: The switch user option is missing on my PC and i have yet to find a solution that works. I tried everything I could find online. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-option-missing-windows-10/3bedb1fe-cd0e-4783-9078-d1c1d0cc98ba
  5. Switch User Option Missing, Windows 10, HideFastUserSwitching.. solution not working

Switch User Option Missing, Windows 10, HideFastUserSwitching.. solution not working: The switch user option is missing on my PC and i have yet to find a solution that works. I tried everything I could find online. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-option-missing-windows-10/3bedb1fe-cd0e-4783-9078-d1c1d0cc98ba
  6. Switch User Option Missing, Windows 10, HideFastUserSwitching.. solution not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  8. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  9. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

10. switch user button missing windows 10

switch user button missing windows 10: switch user button missing windows 10 how do I fix this? windows key + L and ctrl alt delete do not fix this I have to log out before logging in to another account please fix....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 switch user login screen missing

2. Windows 10 no switch user option on login screen

3. switch user option missing windows 10 login screen