Windows 10: Switch User Option now showing in Task Manager and Login Screen - WIN10

Discus and support Switch User Option now showing in Task Manager and Login Screen - WIN10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, There is issue going on with some of the users in the company. Few users is missing "switch user" option in Task Manager, and also at the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AakashShah_1992, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Switch User Option now showing in Task Manager and Login Screen - WIN10

Hi,

There is issue going on with some of the users in the company.

Few users is missing "switch user" option in Task Manager, and also at the login screen. When they reboot - "other user" appears at login screen - and when they lock - disappears again.

I checked GPO - and fast user policy is not configure.

Solutions? Thanks

:)

AakashShah_1992, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Flissa Win User

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Here is a screenshot of my two user accounts showing two different icons. When I login to either account the icon shows on welcome, login. lock, switch user and any other screen where users appear. Dont know much about png etc so never touched those files. I have found many things changed in Win10 from Win7. All I can say is my user icons are the way I want them and I changed them using the method I suggested. Sorry I cant solve your problem but I'm sure someone on this site will eventually come up with a better answer than me. Regards .

Switch User Option now showing in Task Manager and Login Screen - WIN10 [​IMG]

Flissa, Oct 19, 2020
  3. jpanzo Win User
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Hi all,

My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer.

For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand corner). When the computer starts up, John is already selected to login and just has to input his password.

Also, when logged in as John, you are not able to see the "Switch User" button when clicking on the top left button of the start menu.

I have tried following already:
    1. Running the "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbos" script in the command prompt
    2. Using the lusrmgr.msc to add the users

I have attached a screenshot that shows how there are multiple users on the computer, but there is no "Switch User" option available.

Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Thank you,
    John Panzo

jpanzo, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Switch User Option now showing in Task Manager and Login Screen - WIN10

Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!

I keep finding solutions for the issue with a black screen before login or after login and to use the task manager, but my problem is a little different.

I can log in using my pin, and press ctrl+alt+dlt to get the option to bring up the task manager. However, when i click it... no task manager pops up!

I'm at a loss, been in hold with Microsoft for over an hour now. Please help!

growlybeast, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Switch User Option now showing in Task Manager and Login Screen - WIN10

1. Switch User Option now showing in Task Manager and Login Screen - WIN10 - Similar Threads - Switch User Option

2. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  3. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  4. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  5. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  6. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  7. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  8. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Issue with users switching on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...
  10. Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!: I keep finding solutions for the issue with a black screen before login or after login and to use the task manager, but my problem is a little different. I can log in using my pin, and press ctrl+alt+dlt to get the option to bring up the task manager. However, when i click...