Windows 10: Switch users at login screen not working, Please help!

Discus and support Switch users at login screen not working, Please help! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have windows 10 device, but I forgot its password. For some reason, I can't even switch the user. Every time I reboot it, it just displays the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Solus., Nov 9, 2020.

1. Solus. Win User

Switch users at login screen not working, Please help!

I have windows 10 device, but I forgot its password. For some reason, I can't even switch the user. Every time I reboot it, it just displays the password screen. I've also read a lot of other sources, but all of their solutions can only be done after I have logged in. Is there a way to switch users to admin or other users without logging in at all?

:)

Solus., Nov 9, 2020

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 9, 2020
  3. JP2016 Win User
    Keyboard stops working after switching users...

Hi,

I have a very annoying issue that hast started to happen a few days ago. Basically when I switch users keyboard stops working.

Steps:

• Start PC
    • Switch User B - login screen is displayed and keypboard works to enter password
    • User B descktop is displayed
      • Keyboard does not work
      • Mouse works
      • Strange behaviour - the system seems to act like the Enter key is stuck down (which it isn't). If I open word to a new document (using mouse) it just inserts new lines into the document... like I am holding the enter key down
    I've tried a different keyboard and still the same issue.

Any ideas?

JP2016, Nov 9, 2020
  4. jpanzo Win User

Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Hi all,

My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer.

For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand corner). When the computer starts up, John is already selected to login and just has to input his password.

Also, when logged in as John, you are not able to see the "Switch User" button when clicking on the top left button of the start menu.

I have tried following already:
    1. Running the "secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbos" script in the command prompt
    2. Using the lusrmgr.msc to add the users

I have attached a screenshot that shows how there are multiple users on the computer, but there is no "Switch User" option available.

Anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

Thank you,
    John Panzo

jpanzo, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Switch users at login screen not working, Please help! - Similar Threads - Switch users login

2. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  3. Switch user option gone from login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user option gone from login screen: My computer just went to sleep 20 minutes ago. When trying to log back in the log in with my PIN option was gone, and I don't remember my password for the local user. The option to switch users from the login screen is gone all of a sudden, even when it was there this...
  4. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  5. Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch user option missing on login screen Windows 10: Hi EveryoneI am having an issue with a PC at work. It is windows 10, and last night there was a reboot of the machine, this morning I come inand the PC is sitting at a login screen with an account on the screen that hasn't been used in years and no one knows the password...
  6. User switching / login not possibe

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User switching / login not possibe: After following this in order to try fixing other problems, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-to-restore-default-security-permissions/ab58f918-da72-42c0-ba71-161d52b73d46 I can no longer see my other users on the system....
  7. Issue with users switching on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue with users switching on the login screen: /!\ Merry Christmas to all ! /!\ [img] My problem : Alt+F4 give me the option of switching users but only the current user "nemo" is selectable All users are set active including the built-in Administrator [img] [img]...
  8. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  9. Auto login then switch user

Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...
  10. Black screen on login! Please help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on login! Please help!: So.. I screwed up.. I used a small program called something like Windows 10 Login Background Changer (something along those lines) and when I restarted my computer, it never reached the login screen. I can move the mouse and open Magnifier (was pushing random controls),...