Windows 10: switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

Discus and support switch users; how to tell others currently in background? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Given 'fast user switching' how can an active user check for any active background account/activity? Fred is on and goes to lunch. He doesn't log out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fatkatie, Jan 1, 2019.

1. fatkatie Win User

switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

Given 'fast user switching' how can an active user check for any active background account/activity?

Fred is on and goes to lunch. He doesn't log out.

John pops in and switches to his account for a quick todo. He signs out.

Joe arrives, logs in, does his business, and then wishes to reboot. How can he check for Fred (or anyone else) who is still 'there'?

Thank you.

w10, 1809

:)

fatkatie, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 1, 2019
  4. switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

1. switch users; how to tell others currently in background? - Similar Threads - switch users tell

2. Running both the users in background while using switch user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running both the users in background while using switch user: Whenever I log in from one account to the another on Microsoft Windows, the one which I'm not logged in automatically stops using multiple applications. How can I switch user while making sure that both the users have all the applications running in background....
  3. Running both the users in background while using switch user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running both the users in background while using switch user: Whenever I log in from one account to the another on Microsoft Windows, the one which I'm not logged in automatically stops using multiple applications. How can I switch user while making sure that both the users have all the applications running in background....
  4. Running both the users in background while using switch user

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Switch user how

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user how: Can switch user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-how/161a3c11-7c55-4fdc-88ab-6cdf6c300926
  6. Switch user how

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch user how: Can switch user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-user-how/161a3c11-7c55-4fdc-88ab-6cdf6c300926
  7. Switch user how

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to remove current user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove current user: Hi I just bought a computer and I want to remove the person whos login information it has on it and put mine on it.It is windows 10 Pro and I have the person I bought it from passwords and pin...
  9. Other users are not shown on switch user

Other users are not shown on switch user: I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2OS Build 19042.985 "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already read and followed all instructions to resolve this issue which exists for innumerable users but till date it remain...
  10. How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?

How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?: Please help me how to switch user on HP Windows 10 desktop if the other user forgot to log off/exit out from log-in desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-if-the-other-user-didnt-log-off/c70cc2c3-c6cf-4b2d-a301-8081d34b9fc8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch user to lawrence