Windows 10: switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

Discus and support switch users; how to tell others currently in background? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Given 'fast user switching' how can an active user check for any active background account/activity? Fred is on and goes to lunch. He doesn't log out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fatkatie, Jan 1, 2019.

1. fatkatie Win User

switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

Given 'fast user switching' how can an active user check for any active background account/activity?

Fred is on and goes to lunch. He doesn't log out.

John pops in and switches to his account for a quick todo. He signs out.

Joe arrives, logs in, does his business, and then wishes to reboot. How can he check for Fred (or anyone else) who is still 'there'?

Thank you.

w10, 1809

:)

fatkatie, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 1, 2019
  4. switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

switch users; how to tell others currently in background?

1. switch users; how to tell others currently in background? - Similar Threads - switch users tell

2. Ability in Windows 10 Pro to Switch User or login with "Other User" gone.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ability in Windows 10 Pro to Switch User or login with "Other User" gone.: Windows Specifications Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Installed on 23-May-2018 OS Build 17134.376 This computer used to allow users to log in with their Office 365 account credentials, but now this option has disappeared. Unfortunately the machine is used by...
  3. how do I tell if I have the current version of framework.net?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I tell if I have the current version of framework.net?: how can I tell if I have the most current version of framework.net on my Windows 10 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-tell-if-i-have-the-current-version-of/22266300-d961-42ce-b18a-9d1939802897
  4. Other User?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other User?: My login screen came up with Other User. This is pc was upgraded from WIndows 8.1. What do I need to do to return to my original screen name? * Moved from Insider...
  5. How to remove old user backgrounds?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove old user backgrounds?: Hello, I have a question how to remove old user backgrounds? I know it might be thread like this, but my english is not good enough to find it so I decided to create new thread. [img] 28871
  6. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...
  7. When switching user accounts - only a background image appears.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    When switching user accounts - only a background image appears.: Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day. I recently ran into some issues with my user account and had to create a new one as the old one was not accessible anymore. After creating a new user account - I've ran into an issue. When I go to switch my user account, I...
  8. How to add Switch Users option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add Switch Users option: Please, I am aware of many other ways. I am looking for this particular option. [img] 48065
  9. Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user

in Windows 10 Support
    Background audio (Pandora) turns off when switching user: When I had windows 7 I could go to my internet browsing user (my only user with internet access) and navigate to the Pandora Music Webpage (or youtube or whatever) and start streaming music, and when I switched to my other user that did not have internet access for security...
  10. User desktop and switching users

in Windows 10 Support
    User desktop and switching users: After upgrading from Win 7 64 to Win 10 64, whenever a different user logs into the computer the desktop gets screwed up for the original user. Both accounts are admin accounts; one has a password, the does not. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone know how to fix it?...