Windows 10: Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD

Discus and support Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows application that when launched with the Task Scheduler on start up does not have focus (i.e. I cannot execute keyboard commands in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MattWilliamson29, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD

I have a Windows application that when launched with the Task Scheduler on start up does not have focus (i.e. I cannot execute keyboard commands in the application until I click the application into focus). Focus is on the Desktop.
    The application is started through Task Scheduler as it required Highest Privileges to launch (bypassing UAC prompt).

There only seems to be third party applications available which support automatic switch to the application *i.e. switch focus.

Is there a was I can switch the focus to the application? - like a batch file?

:)

MattWilliamson29, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Lillebror Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

You can't just rename a batch file to .exe *Big Grin Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD :D it wont ever work! =D and that "bench" is built into vista *Smile Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD :) And you cant input text into another cmd window.. But if you want to open calc.exe from a batch file just type calc.exe *Smile Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD :)

Lillebror, Nov 14, 2018
  3. oily_17 Win User

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD

1. Switch Window Focus using a Batch File/CMD - Similar Threads - Switch Window Focus

2. Deleting files using a batch file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files using a batch file: I created a batch file using AI to delete files older than 3 months from a specific folder but the code I received does not work:. Files are dated in DD/MM/YYYY format in the folder.@echo offset "folder=C:\Users\CC\Documents\0Temp"set "cutoffdate="for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=/"...
  3. Deleting files using a batch file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files using a batch file: I created a batch file using AI to delete files older than 3 months from a specific folder but the code I received does not work:. Files are dated in DD/MM/YYYY format in the folder.@echo offset "folder=C:\Users\CC\Documents\0Temp"set "cutoffdate="for /f "tokens=1-3 delims=/"...
  4. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?: What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files? Ex:@echo offset /p var="Enter no.: "set /p var2="Enter no.: "set /a result=%var%+%var2%echo Your result is %result%pauseexit /b...
  5. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?: What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files? Ex:@echo offset /p var="Enter no.: "set /p var2="Enter no.: "set /a result=%var%+%var2%echo Your result is %result%pauseexit /b...
  6. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Graphics in Cmd or Batch?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics in Cmd or Batch?: Hello, i want to insert graphics into a batch script, i know it works, but i don't know a command to do so. TIA LG creativeandmore Grafik in Cmd oder Batch?
  8. Focus a minimized application using cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Focus a minimized application using cmd: As the title suggests, I want to focus or bring back a minimized application via the command prompt. For example, if I minimize chrome is there a way for me to write something in the command prompt to do the same thing as me clicking the chrome icon in my taskbar? Any help...
  9. CMD Batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Batch file help: Hello, i am running into a issue i am trying to resolve but im getting nowhere and hopefully someone could help me. I'm simply trying to point a copy to parent or "grand"parent directory/folder. I tried ".." but it seems to come back the same message Code: The system cannot...
  10. Focus Switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Switch: When the cursor hovers over an open window focus is automatically shifted to that window, What I want is when the cursor hovers over an open window it must be clicked on to gain focus. How do I do this??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change focus window batch

2. cmd switch focus to window

3. bat datei focus

4. windows batch switch,
  5. batch file to switch open windows,
  6. Window 10 batch switch case,
  7. why my autmatic batch dont copy files from network,
  8. how to keep my batch file window focus,
  9. set focus using cmd,
  10. keep batch file output in focus,
  11. change windows focus bbat,