Windows 10: Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10

Discus and support Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using my sons old computer as he got a new one. He was the admin on the old computer, so I created a new admin account for me, and then deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasNowak1209, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10

I am using my sons old computer as he got a new one. He was the admin on the old computer, so I created a new admin account for me, and then deleted his account, so I now use my account to sign in to the computer. When I did this, I noticed that a new account in the Users directory was not created for my account, and that the only account in the Users directory is my sons old account.

Because of this, under This PC, the Documents, Downloads, Music, and Pictures folders all point to C:\Users\his_account, which it makes it confusing to display anything.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

:)

ThomasNowak1209, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Nov 16, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10

95Viper, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10

1. Switched Administrator Account - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Switched Administrator Account

2. switching administration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching administration: So, I want to switch administrations to another email. I don't know how to do this, and I would want to keep everything that I already have on this email. So I want nothing to change except my emails. Is this possible? If so, how?...
  3. I can't switch to my Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch to my Administrator account.: Hello, I having some issues with my Windows 10 computer, I can't switch to my Administrator account. Even at the lock screen, there is no where to switch my account to ADMIN or Bình Minh Đoàn Ngọc and my non-admin account is linked with my Microsoft Account. Anyone can help...
  4. I can't switch to my Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't switch to my Administrator account.: Hello, I having some issues with my Windows 10 computer, I can't switch to my Administrator account. Even at the lock screen, there is no where to switch my account to ADMIN or Bình Minh Đoàn Ngọc and my non-admin account is linked with my Microsoft Account. Anyone can help...
  5. I can't switch to my Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  7. How to switch a user account to an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch a user account to an administrator account?: I made a stupid mistake and make the only account on my laptop into a user instead of an administrator and now I can't switch it back. When I try to do so in the settings it would prompt me to log in as an administrator but because my personal account is the only account on...
  8. How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Switch Back From Hyper V Administrator account to Administrator Account.: Dear sir, I was working on my System on 22nd july 2020 i was unable to install an application. I tried 3-4 times but i was unable to install the application. while i was checking for the Administrator Account i mistakenly Clicked on Hyper V Administrator Account and saved...
  9. Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching administrator account and associated email account, windows 10.: Hi there! I'm hoping someone can help me. My partner has Windows 10 on his laptop, but had no Microsoft account of his own. He needed use of one for something I forget what and so I signed him in with mine. However, since then we have created an account for him....
  10. Switch Administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch Administrator: How can I switch administrator from one person to another? My husband's laptop now belongs to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-administrator/b8fcbf8f-afac-44cc-b813-a6e5122d1789