Windows 10: Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR

Discus and support Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR because of Google moved from 6 weeks to 4 weeks release schedule except of I think enterprise customers.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f23948, Jul 31, 2021.

1. f23948 Win User

Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR

I switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR because of Google moved from 6 weeks to 4 weeks release schedule except of I think enterprise customers. What do you think guys? Please go to: Google is speeding up Chromes release cycle to every four weeks

:)

f23948, Jul 31, 2021
  2. f23948 Win User
    f23948, Jul 31, 2021
  3. cheesy999 Win User
    Google Chrome Overtakes Mozilla Firefox in Browser Market-share: StatCounter

That's why i started using chrome a while ago, i know there is always an extension to do something in Firefox, but at the end of the day i prefer it if the browser just happens to include these features.

There are other things that pushed me to chrome as well
    • Firefox 4-6 were full of bugs
    • The add-ons have to be updated manually in firefox
    • Google chrome will synchronise every single setting in the browser including the add-ons i have across all of my computers without a single add-on needed (to do the synchronisation of course, i still use them for other things)
    • Chrome works faster for me
    • Chrome has that brilliant start page
    • I could go on all day, there aren't any massive things Firefox is missing, it's all the small things it's missing that add up and make Google chrome better.

cheesy999, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR - Similar Threads - Switched Google Chrome

2. Firefox Rapid Release or ESR?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Rapid Release or ESR?: Ive been using Firefox ESR for some time now as regular user since I know that the ESR versions are mainly for enterprise users for stability purposes. For all here that use Firefox, should I still use the ESR releases? Would the ESR release impact security? On the other...
  3. Can I use Google Drive in Firefox ESR on October 2021?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I use Google Drive in Firefox ESR on October 2021?: I do not want to use Google Drive for desktop, can I use Google Drive in Firefox ESR on October 2021? Google will start prompting users to switch to Drive for Desktop from July 19th; Backup and Sync will stop working on October 1st 183634
  4. Firefox ESR?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox ESR?: As a non-enterprise user, should I install the regular version of Firefox or the ESR version? As far as I know, the ESR will still remain on the current build but the security updates will still be maintained in the ESR version. I am afraid if Firefox gets a major update,...
  5. Firefox ESR (52.9.0) Windows XP ...... Instagram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox ESR (52.9.0) Windows XP ...... Instagram: Hi, I want to post images to my Instagram account from Firefox. I understand that what's required is a user agent switcher. I have downloaded a couple, but haven't got the hang of how to use them. Any help is appreciated. (I don't recall the names of which user agents I...
  6. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  7. Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome vs Firefox: I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all... After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome...
  8. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  9. Firefox vs. Firefox ESR Re: winver 10 pro

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs. Firefox ESR Re: winver 10 pro: So I am (reluctantly) using winver 10 pro 1709 so I don't really know if it is stretching the guidelines about asking about an application here though I am sure someone will let me know : ) Prior to December of last year I used almost exclusively Firefox since it seemed more...
  10. Switched to Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Switched to Google Chrome: Well after all these years of using IE, I give up. I've tried out chrome and I like it. Well I'll get used to it. Edge just leaves me missing a lot. Tried getting used to it, it just isn't going to work for me. So Chrome it is.*Shock 103162