Windows 10: Switched motherboards, Windows activation error

Discus and support Switched motherboards, Windows activation error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I replaced my motherboard today and am now getting errors when trying to activate windows now. Not really sure whats wrong, I have the same SSD with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jack Merhar, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Switched motherboards, Windows activation error

I replaced my motherboard today and am now getting errors when trying to activate windows now. Not really sure whats wrong, I have the same SSD with Windows from my old motherboard. I'm guessing Windows ties into the motherboard itself but I am unsure on how to go about switching over to this board. Thank you!

Jack

:)

Jack Merhar, Dec 26, 2018
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    windows update Error 0xC004F074 Windows not activated

Hi Lucas,

We would appreciate if you could provide more details about the issue. Is your computer connected to a (domain) secured network? Aside from updating the computer, have you performed any changes prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided on these article:

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Switched motherboards, Windows activation error

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Switched motherboards, Windows activation error

1. Switched motherboards, Windows activation error - Similar Threads - Switched motherboards activation

2. Error activating windows key on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error activating windows key on new motherboard: I recently bought a new motherboard but forgot to deactivate my Windows 10 Home key on my other motherboard. I returned that motherboard to Microcenter My new motherboard was installed up at Microcenter store and the PC technician told me I would have to contact Microsoft...
  3. Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard switch

Windows 10 Activation after Motherboard switch: I recently had to swap out my motherboard after the last one giving out. My windows is now inactivated and I am unable to activate again. I am able to run slmgr /ipk with my key and get a successful activation. When I try to run slmgr /ato I receive a script host error...
  4. Windows Activation Error After Motherboard Replacement

Windows Activation Error After Motherboard Replacement: Hi all, I replaced a motherboard recently and after powering my PC back on I was greeted with a "Windows is not Activated" message. To begin with I wasn't particularly fussed, I thought perhaps it was because I hadn't turned the PC on for quite some time after some...
  5. Switched out motherboard

Switched out motherboard: I have recently switched out my motherboard and am having difficulty finding where the Windows product key is located. My computer was activated before the motherboard switch but I am unsure what email I used as most of my old email accounts I no longer have access to...
  6. Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation

Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation: Ok so i had bought a prebuildt gaming pc from cyberpowerpc it came with windows 10 and it said in the manual the key was saved in the motherboard. I recently bought a new setup i buildt myself, and the only thing i transfered over was my ssd. With the new setup it said...
  7. Windows activation error after activation on faulty motherboard

Windows activation error after activation on faulty motherboard: Even all, I recently upgraded my PC's motherboard and in doing so was prompted to activate my copy of windows, which I did. One day after activating my windows copy on that motherboard, the motherboard hard crashed and was unrecoverable. I didn't want to be without my PC...
  8. Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.

Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.: Hey everyone, before I switched my motherboard I got the free windows 10 upgrade from windows 7. After I switched it I now have a grey letter in the bottom right stating "Activate Windows go to setting to activate windows." Which I have tried doing so and I've used the option...
  9. Activation issues after switching motherboards

Activation issues after switching motherboards: After getting a new motherboard (and making sure beforehand my Windows 10 license is linked to my Microsoft account), Windows refuses to activate. It does display part of a product key, along with an error code 0xC004C003, but I can't be sure it's my original product key...
  10. Switching Motherboards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Motherboards: I have a Pre-Built Omen by HP computer that came with Windows 10. I'm switching out the motherboard with a new one so I was wondering if I need to buy windows 10 product key or not. I know its an OEM version but in the Activation settings it say "Windows is activated with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switched motherboards and trying to activate windows