Windows 10: Switched out motherboard

Discus and support Switched out motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently switched out my motherboard and am having difficulty finding where the Windows product key is located. My computer was activated before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DuuItNow, May 15, 2019.

1. DuuItNow Win User

Switched out motherboard

I have recently switched out my motherboard and am having difficulty finding where the Windows product key is located. My computer was activated before the motherboard switch but I am unsure what email I used as most of my old email accounts I no longer have access to (deleted)

:)

DuuItNow, May 15, 2019

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, May 15, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 15, 2019
  4. Switched out motherboard

PC starts only with PSU switch, beeps and turns off

I should know what's up by tomorrow evening. Thanks for all of your input.

I'm one who tries to think of step 2 before step 1 is finished. If this doesnt work I may be looking at finding a cpu/motherboard combo that I can afford that has at least the same performance as what I have, which was new in 2011. I will be upgrading eventually in the next year anyway. Any suggestions of a CPU/MB for around $300? Or less?

mallimoosh, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Switched out motherboard

1. Switched out motherboard - Similar Threads - Switched motherboard

2. File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi: Hi, I have a network with : 2 Pcs on W10 Pro (PC1 & PC2) 1 WindowsHomeServer (WHS) a box to connect to the Internet File sharing is enable and everything works fine each PC can access the Internet and files from all computers. To get rid of the ethernet cable, I...
  3. Power Saving Switch is changed issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Power Saving Switch is changed issue on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Updating Windows 10 can sometimes be a troublesome experience. Some users reported to us that soon after they finished installing an update, they started seeing Power Saving Switch is changed box on their computer screen. If if you reboot, the [...] This...
  4. Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about switching motherboards and win10 activation: Ok so i had bought a prebuildt gaming pc from cyberpowerpc it came with windows 10 and it said in the manual the key was saved in the motherboard. I recently bought a new setup i buildt myself, and the only thing i transfered over was my ssd. With the new setup it said...
  5. Had to reinstall win 10 on my computer i have switched motherboards and some other hardwar...

Had to reinstall win 10 on my computer i have switched motherboards and some other hardwar...: I was on the phone with a rep but he was quite rude and hung up on me while I was looking for my product key or id I really was disappointed in the fact that one of your Microsoft crew members could be so rude and hang up on me rite when I found the product key. is there...
  6. Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.

Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.: Hey everyone, before I switched my motherboard I got the free windows 10 upgrade from windows 7. After I switched it I now have a grey letter in the bottom right stating "Activate Windows go to setting to activate windows." Which I have tried doing so and I've used the option...
  7. Switched motherboards, Windows activation error

Switched motherboards, Windows activation error: I replaced my motherboard today and am now getting errors when trying to activate windows now. Not really sure whats wrong, I have the same SSD with Windows from my old motherboard. I'm guessing Windows ties into the motherboard itself but I am unsure on how to go about...
  8. Activation issues after switching motherboards

Activation issues after switching motherboards: After getting a new motherboard (and making sure beforehand my Windows 10 license is linked to my Microsoft account), Windows refuses to activate. It does display part of a product key, along with an error code 0xC004C003, but I can't be sure it's my original product key...
  9. Switching Motherboards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching Motherboards: I have a Pre-Built Omen by HP computer that came with Windows 10. I'm switching out the motherboard with a new one so I was wondering if I need to buy windows 10 product key or not. I know its an OEM version but in the Activation settings it say "Windows is activated with a...
  10. Switching motherboards with Windows 10 UEFI installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching motherboards with Windows 10 UEFI installation: Hello all, I didn't really know where to post this besides here. I currently plan on doing a clean install on a new ssd of Windows 10. My current mobo is a ASUS P8z68-V which has UEFI so I plan on doing a UEFI installation of Windows 10. However, I plan on getting a new...