Windows 10: Switched out motherboard

Discus and support Switched out motherboard in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have recently switched out my motherboard and am having difficulty finding where the Windows product key is located. My computer was activated before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DuuItNow, May 15, 2019.

1. DuuItNow Win User

Switched out motherboard

I have recently switched out my motherboard and am having difficulty finding where the Windows product key is located. My computer was activated before the motherboard switch but I am unsure what email I used as most of my old email accounts I no longer have access to (deleted)

:)

DuuItNow, May 15, 2019

2. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, May 15, 2019
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, May 15, 2019
  4. Switched out motherboard

PC starts only with PSU switch, beeps and turns off

I should know what's up by tomorrow evening. Thanks for all of your input.

I'm one who tries to think of step 2 before step 1 is finished. If this doesnt work I may be looking at finding a cpu/motherboard combo that I can afford that has at least the same performance as what I have, which was new in 2011. I will be upgrading eventually in the next year anyway. Any suggestions of a CPU/MB for around $300? Or less?

mallimoosh, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Switched out motherboard

1. Switched out motherboard - Similar Threads - Switched motherboard

2. I switched my motherboard and now the DRAM debug light is on, what is the problem.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I switched my motherboard and now the DRAM debug light is on, what is the problem.: I recently switched out my motherboard and now the dram debug light is on. I switched the RAM out and still nothing is happening, there is no display...
  3. I switched my motherboard and now the DRAM debug light is on, what is the problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched my motherboard and now the DRAM debug light is on, what is the problem.: I recently switched out my motherboard and now the dram debug light is on. I switched the RAM out and still nothing is happening, there is no display...
  4. I switched my motherboard and now the DRAM debug light is on, what is the problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I switched motherboards and am prompted to reactivate Windows and need help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I switched motherboards and am prompted to reactivate Windows and need help: I have the product key and it is not working. I have tried many of the solutions provided on this website to no avail. I am receiving error 0x80041023....
  6. I switched motherboards and am prompted to reactivate Windows and need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I switched motherboards and am prompted to reactivate Windows and need help: I have the product key and it is not working. I have tried many of the solutions provided on this website to no avail. I am receiving error 0x80041023....
  7. I switched motherboards and am prompted to reactivate Windows and need help

8. Unable to use my purchased key after switching my motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to use my purchased key after switching my motherboard: Hi AllI have a valid Windows10 Home key and upon changing out my motherboard I'm told I have to activate my windows I've tried using my key during the activation process and I'm told my key isn't valid or the process fails.. I've tried many times over, even rebooting my...
  9. Unable to use my purchased key after switching my motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use my purchased key after switching my motherboard: Hi AllI have a valid Windows10 Home key and upon changing out my motherboard I'm told I have to activate my windows I've tried using my key during the activation process and I'm told my key isn't valid or the process fails.. I've tried many times over, even rebooting my...
  10. Unable to use my purchased key after switching my motherboard