Windows 10: Switched to a local account and no longer have the browser and other apps I installed from...

Discus and support Switched to a local account and no longer have the browser and other apps I installed from... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, everyone.. I'm hoping someone can help me. I just got a new pc, and I inadvertently created a Microsoft account to log into my computer. I HATED... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cozyjo64, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Cozyjo64 Win User

Switched to a local account and no longer have the browser and other apps I installed from...

Hi, everyone..

I'm hoping someone can help me. I just got a new pc, and I inadvertently created a Microsoft account to log into my computer. I HATED that my full name was listed, and I also just PREFER to have a local account. (I had to search high and low to find out how to do it because Microsoft doesn't make it easy to switch accounts). Finally, I made myself a local account and put myself as Administrator. I had installed Mozilla Firefox and a number of apps before switching to a local account, but I also installed one or two more after I had made the local account.

The following morning, I turned on my computer to log in with my local account, and NONE of the apps or the internet browser I chose were available! I don't understand this. I am the sole user of my computer, and I had made myself the Administrator of my local account. Why would those apps and Mozilla Firefox disappear, and how do I get them back without having to "reinstall"? They're clearly on my computer because they show up in my Microsoft account.

Can anybody please help me?

Thank you so much for your time. Switched to a local account and no longer have the browser and other apps I installed from... :)

Sincerely,

Jo

:)

Cozyjo64, Aug 31, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 31, 2019
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Switched to a local account and no longer have the browser and other apps I installed from...

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Switched to a local account and no longer have the browser and other apps I installed from... - Similar Threads - Switched local account

2. how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account: microsoft store hijacked my accountall the tutorials say to press a button in settings but they removed it in a newer update for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-from-a-microsoft-account-to-a/f2bdb168-1e93-407e-8e4e-5874203a1272
  3. Trying to switch from MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to switch from MS account to local account: On my Win10 (20H2) laptop, I went to Settings, Account, Your Info. My info shows my Gmail email account name and below that it says, "Switch to a local account" (this is what I want to do) So far so good. When I click to switch to local account, my Gmail account login shows...
  4. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  5. Removing work account from "Accounts used by other apps" even though I no longer have any...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing work account from "Accounts used by other apps" even though I no longer have any...: Hi, I recently left my old job and I had connected the Microsoft account to some apps on my computer, butnot to "Accounts used by email, calendar and contacts". Please see screenshot below on where exactly I connected the account. I want to remove/delete this account, as I...
  6. Delete an Account used by other apps Email and accounts that you no longer have the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete an Account used by other apps Email and accounts that you no longer have the...: In the Email and accounts setting, I have my old workplace/school account still connected to my system, said account is something that access was removed from me because it was no longer needed as I have left. Windows keeps bugging me with notifications saying that it needs...
  7. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  8. Cant switch from work account to local account

Cant switch from work account to local account: My settings on my computer are broken. I need to switch form work account to local account. However, I can't switch because settings are broken. Settings will open like normal. However, nothing but the search bar and "Settings" shows when I open it up. The search is flawed....
  9. Switching to a local account

Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...
  10. Having trouble switching to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having trouble switching to local account: So I havent had Windows 10 that long and I seem to have set this up with a Microsoft account (a specific email address combined with a password) that logs me into, well I guess, the Microsoft store? So I just wanted to switch to a local account (cause thats all I want or...