Windows 10: Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

Discus and support Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Trying to switch from one Microsoft account to another on laptop. Went through set up as local user, typed in password 2x and hint. Went to next... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SKH_WI, Nov 26, 2020.

1. SKH_WI Win User

Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

Trying to switch from one Microsoft account to another on laptop.

Went through set up as local user, typed in password 2x and hint.

Went to next steps as screen instructed.

Tried to log in under local user and password wont work.

How can I get back in and sign in with my MS account?

Please help.

:)

SKH_WI, Nov 26, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Nov 26, 2020
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

1. Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In - Similar Threads - Switched Local Account

2. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10: There is no button in settings to change my current MS account to Local account. I can only manage my MS account with redirecting to account.microsoft.comi already restore my system and it dont work...
  3. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10: There is no button in settings to change my current MS account to Local account. I can only manage my MS account with redirecting to account.microsoft.comi already restore my system and it dont work...
  4. Can't switch to Local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't switch to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to local account: I've signed in with a microsoft account and am trying to change my user account password. I don't want to change my microsoft account password so I'm trying to change to local account but the option is missing...
  6. Can't switch from local to MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch from local to MS account: I am trying to switch from my local account back to my Microsoft account. Yes, back to it; it worked fine before I used the local account to troubleshoot some setting issues. I filled in my password and it said it's wrong. I verified by logging in to my MS account online...
  7. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  8. Can't switch Microsoft account to local account

Can't switch Microsoft account to local account: Hi! I'm having trouble with changing my account from Microsoft account to local account. When I change it, Windows says: "We are sorry, but something went wrong. Your Microsoft account wasn't changed to local account. Code: 0x80070057" Can anyone help me plz? I'm tired...
  9. Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: Not sure if the problem is with my Windows or with Microsoft. I changed my account to a local one (for some reason I can't remember) before I upgraded to Windows 10. I tried changing it back to a Microsoft account, I am able to type in my account, password, my computer...
  10. Can't log out of local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log out of local account: For a couple months I've had a single account without password protection - never had to purposefully log out - just shut down. I added another account a couple days ago. Now the PC hangs up with a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I try to log out. Eventually the PC...