Windows 10: switched to opendns

Discus and support switched to opendns in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was recently getting errors about on chrome it saying 'no internet', then after some time the web page would show ok. After this switch, it has not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sdowney717, Jan 10, 2021.

1. switched to opendns

I was recently getting errors about on chrome it saying 'no internet', then after some time the web page would show ok.
    After this switch, it has not yet done that again, does that make sense to you? I think it was using google DNS servers.

well it just came, the message is 'internet disconnected', so maybe my verizon fios router has an issue? Or the fios network?
    It is a very transitory thing.

:)

sdowney717, Jan 10, 2021

2. Windows Ten Family Overriding OpenDNS?

Dear Joy,

I have added the domains you provided to my white list as you suggested. Just to be clear, I am assuming that you intended for me to add those to my OpenDNS white list. Is that correct? Or do you mean that I should add those domains to the individual
    white lists of the children in my Microsoft Family account?

Sincerely,

Benjamin

Benjamin's Microsoft Question, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Phusius Win User
    Switching your IP to OpenDNS. Best move I ever made, pros and cons inside.

I did try DNSCrypt, it felt like things were a tad slower then compared to just OpenDNS, OpenDNS is very snappy for me for some off reason I can tell a noticeable difference in load times, very cool. *Toast :toast:

Phusius, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Elmo Win User

switched to opendns

Switching your IP to OpenDNS. Best move I ever made, pros and cons inside.

You should try out dnscrypt its just a suggestion :S

Thema:

switched to opendns

1. switched to opendns - Similar Threads - switched opendns

2. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc: Hello. I got the same bsod stop code as Jari. But its acer. I got memory management stop code too. I will say that can you tell me how to fix it? Thank you....
  3. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc: Hello. I got the same bsod stop code as Jari. But its acer. I got memory management stop code too. I will say that can you tell me how to fix it? Thank you....
  4. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  6. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  7. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unable to switch out of S Mode ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to switch out of S Mode ?: Hello, I brought a new PC and I am unable to switch out of S Mode. I restarted the app, restarted my computer. When I click the "Get" button to deactivate S mode I get an error message to try again. This is incredibly frustrating as I need to download Tableau for a school...
  9. Unable to switch out of S Mode ?

Unable to switch out of S Mode ?: Hello, I brought a new PC and I am unable to switch out of S Mode. I restarted the app, restarted my computer. When I click the "Get" button to deactivate S mode I get an error message to try again. This is incredibly frustrating as I need to download Tableau for a school...
  10. Unable to switch out of S Mode ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade