Windows 10: switched to opendns

Discus and support switched to opendns in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was recently getting errors about on chrome it saying 'no internet', then after some time the web page would show ok. After this switch, it has not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sdowney717, Jan 10, 2021.

1. switched to opendns

I was recently getting errors about on chrome it saying 'no internet', then after some time the web page would show ok.
    After this switch, it has not yet done that again, does that make sense to you? I think it was using google DNS servers.

well it just came, the message is 'internet disconnected', so maybe my verizon fios router has an issue? Or the fios network?
    It is a very transitory thing.

:)

sdowney717, Jan 10, 2021

2. Windows Ten Family Overriding OpenDNS?

Dear Joy,

I have added the domains you provided to my white list as you suggested. Just to be clear, I am assuming that you intended for me to add those to my OpenDNS white list. Is that correct? Or do you mean that I should add those domains to the individual
    white lists of the children in my Microsoft Family account?

Sincerely,

Benjamin

Benjamin's Microsoft Question, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Phusius Win User
    Switching your IP to OpenDNS. Best move I ever made, pros and cons inside.

I did try DNSCrypt, it felt like things were a tad slower then compared to just OpenDNS, OpenDNS is very snappy for me for some off reason I can tell a noticeable difference in load times, very cool. *Toast :toast:

Phusius, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Elmo Win User

switched to opendns

Switching your IP to OpenDNS. Best move I ever made, pros and cons inside.

You should try out dnscrypt its just a suggestion :S

Thema:

switched to opendns

1. switched to opendns - Similar Threads - switched opendns

2. Both headset and speaker are detected as speaker in the system and I'm unable to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Both headset and speaker are detected as speaker in the system and I'm unable to switch...: [ATTACH] I have a Logitech speaker plugged in into the 3.5mm jack on the back of motherboard (Biostar H410MH), and another headset (MH751) connected to the front 3.5mm jack. Prior to my motherboard upgrade, my pc will detect them as an individual speakers and headset when...
  3. Active window in Virtual desktops doesn't automatically switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active window in Virtual desktops doesn't automatically switch: when using virtual desktops i switch back and forth between messaging programs and entertainment programs, before today i was able to switch desktops and the active window would change to the most recent in the desktop that i am viewing, such that i could press space to...
  4. Win 10 keeps switching back to Lock Screen within 30-40 secs of inactivity and cannot make...

Win 10 keeps switching back to Lock Screen within 30-40 secs of inactivity and cannot make...: I inadvertently installed a screensaver that was not compatible with Win 10 20H2 so I uninstalled it. After doing so my computer switches to the lock screen for login within 30 to 40 seconds of inactivity. I have all settings to never, such as sleep, hibernate etc. All...
  5. Can't switch Windows 10 keyboard map after running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch Windows 10 keyboard map after running Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: I have English-Russian keyboard map on Windows 10 After run Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - current keyboard map remove itself from system tray and I can't switch language. Closing game - is not resolve this issue. This bug I see from first game release. Please, fix...
  6. share single keyboard dongle using a usb switch either PC or fireTV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    share single keyboard dongle using a usb switch either PC or fireTV: Situation, I have a PC and also a Firestick 4K I recently have been learning to use a keyboard and mouse wired with a usb hub for the firestick, and it works well, like on Opera web browser, other things like ADB commands to the firestick. I have a wireless RF Logitech 400+...
  7. How to switch parental control from one account to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to switch parental control from one account to another: I am in this position: I've installed my girl laptop using a new account microsoft accountgirl2020 with a new google mail*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Now I want to use parental control for this account from my personal account mail *** Email address is...
  8. Problem with Switching Users on Windows 10.

Problem with Switching Users on Windows 10.: Hey Community Support, I recently wanted another desktop of myself so i made a new user in Windows 10. However, when I press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then click on switch user, it just gives me my original account. It shows up on Settings --> Search --> Users. I tried...
  9. Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Have to manually switch my WiFi connection on every day: Hello! A few days ago I had a slight hiccup with my device; it disconnected from the WiFi, and had the message "wireless capability is turned off". I did some looking around and found the solution; now my device works perfectly fine. The only thing is, whenever I first...
  10. I cloned a drive to switch my Windows to new M.2 and now its a mess, help me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cloned a drive to switch my Windows to new M.2 and now its a mess, help me.: So I've had a M.2 installed for a while and haven't gotten around to switching the OS over. Until today. So let me start by saying I'm a total newbie, so take things slow with me and assume I know very little. So I want just wanted windows and my modded version of GTA V on...