Windows 10: Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10

Discus and support Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1 month ago i switched to ubuntu. I have 2NVME i want to install windows in one, in the other one i have ubuntu. I download windows.iso from media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 127.0.0.1localhost, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10

1 month ago i switched to ubuntu. I have 2NVME i want to install windows in one, in the other one i have ubuntu.

I download windows.iso from media creation tool and go to rufus.

GPT

UEFINO CSM

FAT32

8192by default

motherboard:

https://www.asus.com/es/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-X470-PRO

I boot my USB with windows first, i choose my nvme in windows installation window and click next, then it says:

"cant create a partition or find a existing one"

I tried everything, i tried choosing another disk, i tried disabling CSM from bios, i tried changing from legacy to uefi only, also uefi & legacy.

What i didnt try is to disable safe mode cause i cant, it dosnt let me from motherboard.

I dont know what to do or if there is any log file to know whats going on

I also try to install it in my current nvme, the one where i have ubuntu, so it cant be a hardware issue cause disks works fine.

I dont know what more to try.

I also did go to gparted, create gpt and ntfs/fat32tried with both and nothing worked.

I also tried to install in a external 1TB SSD samsung evo 860, same happens.

:)

127.0.0.1localhost, Nov 30, 2020
  2. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 30, 2020
  3. xfire Win User
    xfire, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10

1. Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10 - Similar Threads - Switched ubuntu month

2. My laptop win10 22h2 is trying to install an update I installed months ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop win10 22h2 is trying to install an update I installed months ago: My windows update keeps giving me error 0x80070643 for an update kb KB5001716 however I noticed that the update was from october of last year and when checking my update history it shows that I already have it installed. Everytime i click retry it inmediatly fails it does not...
  3. At startup, this notepad opens happens from 1 month ago

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    At startup, this notepad opens happens from 1 month ago: Good morning,When I startup the computer, a notepad pops up with some errors lines. I searched a lot of information in threads and I deleted cache in %appdata%, deleted the regedit folder of Teams etc, even I created the folder again in the route where the message asks to see...
  4. At startup, this notepad opens happens from 1 month ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At startup, this notepad opens happens from 1 month ago: Good morning,When I startup the computer, a notepad pops up with some errors lines. I searched a lot of information in threads and I deleted cache in %appdata%, deleted the regedit folder of Teams etc, even I created the folder again in the route where the message asks to see...
  5. At startup, this notepad opens happens from 1 month ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is there a way to restore my pc to 1 month ago?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to restore my pc to 1 month ago?: Basically i followed an fps guide and then my pc got worse and started slowing down in game and while doing anything else but especially while gaming as now it stutters & crashes....
  7. Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot: I realize I'll get a lot of comments about m my IQ. I installed ubuntu through the store on my hp eebook. I could not get it to work because it was the wrong version for what i was trying to load. Go into windows and delete folder of ubuntu. Bad idea. Now can't load anything....
  8. Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I switch from Ubuntu 18.04 to Windows10?: I just got a Dell laptop and it has Ubuntu pre-installed, and as much as I'm trying to like it, I still prefer Windows. Several of the applications in Windows just can't be found in Ubuntu and their substitutes are not as good. Now, I can't afford to buy the official version...
  9. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...
  10. Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows10 from Ubuntu 18.04: Hi everyone, First of all, sorry for my english, it's not my native language, and i hope i'll be clear in my explanations. :) Recently, a friend of mine gave me a notebook, with Ubuntu 18.04 already installed on it. However, i want to replace it with Windows 10. So i bought...