Windows 10: Switches back to desktop while gaming

Discus and support Switches back to desktop while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc switches itself back to the desktop while gaming, without my consent or permission. I'm literally in the middle of a game, hands not even close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thanatica, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Thanatica Win User

Switches back to desktop while gaming

My pc switches itself back to the desktop while gaming, without my consent or permission. I'm literally in the middle of a game, hands not even close to Alt or Tab, but it's like the system in thebackground somehow needs me back to the desktop.

Sure I can Alt+Tab back into the game, but why is this happening by itself? Just don't drop me back onto the desktop. How hard can it be? Just leave an application focused where the user is working.

Interestingly, this only happens in games. Not in any other desktop application of any kind.

The question is, I suppose: How do I diagnose what just switched me back to the desktop? How can I see a log of what just did what, or debug something to get that log?

My system files are fine, my drivers are up-to-date, my Windows 10 2004 is up-to-date WUP in it's mighty all-knowingness hasn't offered me 20H2, for whatever BS reason, so I'm not *that* up-to-date, and I'm using Defender. Otherwise my Windows is nothing out of the ordinary. Also this has been going on for a couple of years, and I'm well and truly done with it, which means this problem is not exclusive to version 2004 or 1909 or 1903.

:)

Thanatica, Nov 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Switching Animation

Hello Patrick,

To better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Please provide your computer's specification.
    • Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Does the issue also occurs on other games or applications?

Meanwhile, we suggest to apply the steps on this article
    to improve your PC's performance.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 8, 2020
  3. game scores and game progress

Hello,

To assist you further I would like to ask if you are playing the game online or from desktop.

If the game is installed and you are playing from the desktop, the issue might be caused due to compatibility of the game with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the game from the game developers website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the
      game and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Switches back to desktop while gaming

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Switches back to desktop while gaming

1. Switches back to desktop while gaming - Similar Threads - Switches desktop while

2. My PC randomly switches to desktop while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly switches to desktop while gaming: This is happening in all games, but not in normal computer operations. I have an i7 processor and a Geforce RTX 3060 GPU, so it's not my computer itself. Something going on with windows.. my drivers are up to date....
  3. My PC randomly switches to desktop while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC randomly switches to desktop while gaming: This is happening in all games, but not in normal computer operations. I have an i7 processor and a Geforce RTX 3060 GPU, so it's not my computer itself. Something going on with windows.. my drivers are up to date....
  4. Switching Desktops while in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching Desktops while in game: Hi, I only have one monitor and when playing games like to switch to discord using the desktop switch command: Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow. This used to work, while I was in game but it hasn't of late, and I was wondering if their was...
  5. Switching Desktops while in game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching Desktops while in game: Hi, I only have one monitor and when playing games like to switch to discord using the desktop switch command: Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow. This used to work, while I was in game but it hasn't of late, and I was wondering if their was...
  6. Desktop switches on/off while charging?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop switches on/off while charging?: While plugged in, and idle, the display on its own goes dark and then switches back on. Why is this happening, How do I fix this?Here's what I've tried so far:1 Reinstalled graphic drivers2 Ran DISM.exe- restorehealth3 Updated to the latest windows 10 v 21H1....
  7. Prevent extended desktop from switching while I switch main desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent extended desktop from switching while I switch main desktop: Is there a way to prevent my extended desktop from switching when I use switch a different desktop using gestures or otherwise. What I want is for my extended desktop to keep the application on the screen while I switch between desktops on the main screen, you can say kind of...
  8. Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeping game in full screen while switching between virtual desktops: Someone had already asked my question, but didn't get an answer, I've searched and I haven't found any solution or even answer if its possible. Basically, when you switch between virtual desktops using Ctrl+Winkey+Left arrow or right arrow the game gets minimized so when you...
  9. Computer keeps switching back to the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer keeps switching back to the desktop: Why is it doing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-switching-back-to-the-desktop/0ea18e0d-2035-40b6-a176-8c03967bd2bc
  10. Monitor switching to desktop while gaming (The game keeps focus)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor switching to desktop while gaming (The game keeps focus): First off the computer runs Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The issue also only happens with 3D games (Overlord, Styx, Oddworld: New and Tasty) all of which are run from Steam. They can run properly on paper (Overlord came out 2007 ffs). There are games using 3D graphics that work...