Windows 10: Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]

Discus and support Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to report a bug. We have two windows accounts on our computer - me (administrator) and my girlfriend. I have these languages/keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xyann00, Aug 15, 2018.

1. xyann00 Win User

Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report]

I would like to report a bug.

We have two windows accounts on our computer - me (administrator) and my girlfriend.

I have these languages/keyboard layouts set up:

English, Czech, Russian

She has these:

English (UK), Czech, Slovak, Russian, Serbian, Macedonian, Bulgarian.

Issue is when I switch account (switch user) from my girlfriend's to mine. Her language preferences stay loaded even though only my three languages are shown in the language bar and I type with different keyboard layout than shown in the language bar. By using Win+spacebar to change language, it cycles through all 7 in the background, so it is like a 'lottery' what keyboard layout you end up with.

In this state, if I open language preferences, all her languages are loaded into the taskbar completely, so it shows different languages than my language preferences. See picture:

Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report] 4dc66575-c520-4489-a839-3eb1953a845a?upload=true.png

Please report this so it is going to be fixed. It is really annoying.

Thank you,

Jan

:)

xyann00, Aug 15, 2018

2. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Switch user at startup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you cannot see the switch user option after the upgrade I will make sure to help you with this issue.

First I suggest you to reboot the system and check if see the switch user option.

If you still don’t see the option then I would suggest you to perform the below step and check if you can see switch user option.

On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and check if you can see the switch user option.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 15, 2018
  4. avi12641 Win User

Prevent language from automatically being changed

• Since Keyla has stopped working.
    • Two.
    • When I test if the language stays after switching between programs - I switch to a different program, then switch the language, then switch to the previous program.
    The steps you suggested didn't work, as I don't want to remove any of the languages.

avi12641, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Switching a user doesn't switch language preferences [bug report] - Similar Threads - Switching user doesn't

2. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged: I have a somewhat baffling issue. I have to use more than 10 different input methods for typing in different languages on my home PC and Surface since I need them for work. My devices share their keyboards due to my account synchronising. Though the device language is always...
  3. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged: I have a somewhat baffling issue. I have to use more than 10 different input methods for typing in different languages on my home PC and Surface since I need them for work. My devices share their keyboards due to my account synchronising. Though the device language is always...
  4. Language Preferences and Keyboards Bugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Preferred language bug

Preferred language bug: The loading of preferred language is infinitely, so i was unable to add/remove a preferred language If i click on "Choose an input method always use as default", it will become lagging and i need to force close it. [ATTACH]...
  6. WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI doesn't switch back to preferred network: I have two WIFI connections; a BT Hub and a 4G Mobile Hub. I've set the BT Hub as Priority #1 and the 4G Hub as #2. When connected to #1 I can turn off the BT Hub and the computer automatically connects to the 4G Hub. However, when I turn the BT Hub back on again the WIFI...
  7. Switch Languages

Switch Languages: Hi all, In my Windows settings, have 2 languages installed. But 4 languages are shown, don't know why. In the Registry HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload have also 4 languages. Deleting the two wrong languages there, does not help. Thanks for any advice. Cheers...
  8. Language switching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language switching: Hi, I'm using Windows since version 3.0. Now with the ending of Windows 7 support I'll be forced to upgrade to Windows 10 and here comes the problem. Since at least Windows 3.11 switching languages in Windows was working almost flawlessly. Now, with Windows 10 this is...
  9. Bug when switching between input languages

Bug when switching between input languages: We have a desktop machine with Windows 10 Home 1803. We use English and Bulgarian as input languages. Two types of very annoying problems appear spontaneously almost every day and the only way to fix them is restart: - It becomes impossible to switch between input languages....
  10. switch language

switch language: i 've changed the language to russian by mistake _ setting >>region and time >>language >> add language _ so all the system language switched to russian i tried to switch back to english but nothing happened tried to add language_any english version_ but nothing added...