Windows 10: Switching accounts ask for a password

Discus and support Switching accounts ask for a password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have the admin account on this PC that i don't bother with a password, i set up an account for my wife as she's working at home just now and she uses... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bjproc, Sep 13, 2020.

1. bjproc Win User

Switching accounts ask for a password

I have the admin account on this PC that i don't bother with a password, i set up an account for my wife as she's working at home just now and she uses a password, but her friends nephew visits here quite often and he's autistic, but phone and computers he's fascinated with them.
    Anyway, i set up an account for him just so he can play about on the computer and not bother our accounts, he set up a password for his account and i got him to show me for my account.
    Now, i want to remove this password.
    I have got switching the PC on and it logs into my account, but now if we're switching accounts i need to enter the password to get into my account when before i just had the "sign in" option which just logged me in.

Switching accounts ask for a password [​IMG]

:)

bjproc, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    local account unable to switch to MS account

That's ok. When you get to step 7 above, you would just leave it blank.

When you successfully switch to a Microsoft account, it will use the password of your Microsoft account.

Brink, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Switching accounts ask for a password - Similar Threads - Switching accounts ask

2. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?: I never sign in to windows and have never, as far as I know, had to give a windows password.I am trying to see my passwords in credentials manager but it asks for my credentials. I have tried my laptop serial?registration? number, my Microsoft password and my email address. I...
  3. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?: I never sign in to windows and have never, as far as I know, had to give a windows password.I am trying to see my passwords in credentials manager but it asks for my credentials. I have tried my laptop serial?registration? number, my Microsoft password and my email address. I...
  4. Is credentials manager asking for a Windows password or Microsoft account password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Forgot Password: Cannot access account to retrieve password because MS asks for the password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Password: Cannot access account to retrieve password because MS asks for the password: Please help.My young child was using a PIN to log on to her computer Windows 10 PC, laptop, when suddenly the login screen said it was the incorrect PIN. We have forgotten the password. Entering the PIN a number of times, it then locked the computer. Clicking the 'I forgot my...
  6. Asking for the password

Asking for the password: My system is in safe mode I tried everything by searching in all Q&A but still it's not solving my problem. By running the msconfig it shown a window clicked on minimal option it started getting boot restart rather than asking for the pin it is asking for the password then...
  7. Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 standard account did not ask for administrator password: my son while installing game minecraft on Win10 standard account (see attach image) it did not ask for administrator password while installing the same game on Win 8 standard account it asks for administrator account. 150076
  8. old microsoft account still asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    old microsoft account still asking for password: I switched to a new Microsoft account over a year ago. I switched Outlook, Office, Skype, and of course the main Microsoft account. All seem to be using the new account and they all list the new account email. However, I daily get a popup stating there is a problem with the...
  9. Windows not asking for password, "sign in" button for all accounts

Windows not asking for password, "sign in" button for all accounts: Since update in August to v1803, all accounts on laptop not secure. Once start/restart/lock, laptop presents username and "sign in" button instead password prompt and let you in under any account. Previously all(3) accounts were password protected and no one was removing...
  10. being asked the old local account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    being asked the old local account password: I am being asked the old local account password, which I never set up, I, changed the windows password succesfully, but now I (W10) does not accept it Thanks All 18268