Windows 10: switching applications lag windows 11

Discus and support switching applications lag windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; every application I tried lagged while switching between them.. even the notepad has a 1-second delay before detecting Im writing something. The real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by carlos gomez4, Feb 6, 2023.

1. switching applications lag windows 11

every application I tried lagged while switching between them.. even the notepad has a 1-second delay before detecting Im writing something. The real concern is that is also messing with Maya by switching from a rotate tool to a selection.. basic commands inside the program. This is a brand new zenbook pro.. it is not a lack of resources by the laptop at all, then what is it?zenbook duo pro x582i9 12900hrtx 3060 32 gbWindows 11

:)

carlos gomez4, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Windows Lag on New Applications

For a long time, I have been suffering from a strange problem on my windows PC. This problem happens with most of the Games and other heavy applications (Like VS Code, Unity etc)

All the applications I stated above lag badly on startup. In fact lag is a generous term because it's basically 1 FPS.

However, this problem gets fixed when I keep on closing and reopening the applications. On some games, I have to repeat this procedure like 50-100 times to get it to properly work. Once the problem is fixed, it doesn't happen again.

And the fix doesn't happen all of a sudden but rather in steps. So when I open a new game, it lags even on opening screens. After a few reopens it gets fixed but the main menu lags. When the main menu is fixed too, the game starts to lag. In the end, the problem is permanently fixed and I get smooth FPS. So it's like my Laptop takes a while to adapt to new applications.

Extra Details - The problem didn't happen initially. I upgraded to Windows 11 and before that everything worked perfectly (Although it is possible that I hadn't tried enough things). A few months ago, I did a reset and downgraded to Windows 10 hoping that it will fix the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. So I can't say for sure but the problem might have started with the windows 11 upgrade.

My Specs -

Windows 10 (Currently)

8GB Ram

Intel i5

Intel Iris Xe Graphics

1 TB HDD

Divyesh Lakhotia, Feb 6, 2023
  4. switching applications lag windows 11

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

switching applications lag windows 11

1. switching applications lag windows 11 - Similar Threads - switching applications lag

2. Computer lags when switching between or after closing an application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lags when switching between or after closing an application: Hello,I've noticed for the past couple of weeks that my computer will lag when I either try alt-tabbing or pressing the Windows key to switch to another application making it impossible to use the other applications. I've noticed it only really happens when I'm in a game and...
  3. Computer lags when switching between or after closing an application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lags when switching between or after closing an application: Hello,I've noticed for the past couple of weeks that my computer will lag when I either try alt-tabbing or pressing the Windows key to switch to another application making it impossible to use the other applications. I've noticed it only really happens when I'm in a game and...
  4. switching applications lag windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching applications lag windows 11: every application I tried lagged while switching between them.. even the notepad has a 1-second delay before detecting Im writing something. The real concern is that is also messing with Maya by switching from a rotate tool to a selection.. basic commands inside the program....
  5. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  6. Windows Lag on New Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lag on New Applications: For a long time, I have been suffering from a strange problem on my windows PC. This problem happens with most of the Games and other heavy applications Like VS Code, Unity etc All the applications I stated above lag badly on startup. In fact lag is a generous term because...
  7. Windows Lag on New Applications

Windows Lag on New Applications: For a long time, I have been suffering from a strange problem on my windows PC. This problem happens with most of the Games and other heavy applications Like VS Code, Unity etc All the applications I stated above lag badly on startup. In fact lag is a generous term because...
  8. All applications on my windows 11 lags heavily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All applications on my windows 11 lags heavily: All installed apps on my device lags heavily after opening the application for a minute or so , my cursor gets stuck and I am unable to do anything . But this doesn't take place when I am using any windows app . I have done everything possible but to no success . Please help...
  9. All applications on my windows 11 lags heavily

All applications on my windows 11 lags heavily: All installed apps on my device lags heavily after opening the application for a minute or so , my cursor gets stuck and I am unable to do anything . But this doesn't take place when I am using any windows app . I have done everything possible but to no success . Please help...
  10. Alt-Tab Windows switch lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alt-Tab Windows switch lag: Alt-Tab Windows switch lagWhen I open any app and time it takes 2-3 sec to load I switch windows using alt-tab and it lags like hell. Here lag means whenever I use alt-tab when I tap the tab again and again to reach the desired window it just takes longer and lags to reach...