Windows 10: Switching audio

Discus and support Switching audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my Del PC Windows 10 I have a Logitech webcam, a Realtek headset. I will add a Logitech external speaker when I obtain an adaptor. I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hudds7, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Hudds7 Win User

Switching audio

On my Del PC Windows 10 I have a Logitech webcam, a Realtek headset. I will add a Logitech external speaker when I obtain an adaptor.

I am trying to use a headset for webcam calls Skype, Zoom etc due to background noise in our house. This has not been successful since the webcam will not record if the headset is in use; webcam or headset, not both at the same time.

I also want to switch from the headset to listen to a speaker without having to pull out leads. My expectation is a few mouse clicks.

I have looked at blogs/forums etc but have not found a solution. I have found references to icons that don't exist and menus without options to change output media. Some technical articles are way too complicated or infeasible to follow. e.g. inspect the motherboard...

I cannot believe there is not some straightforward and stable way of quickly switching between the input/output hardware. Can anybody help?

:)

Hudds7, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Switching between bluetooth audio devices.

Thank you for the information.

Try doing the following steps below to switch between your audio devices:

For Windows 10, 1607 version:

• Click on the sound icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select playback device.
    • Select the audio device you want to use from the menu.

For previous versions of Windows:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area.
    • Click Select Playback devices to select your preferred/default speaker.
    • Click on Playback tab to see the list of the devices.
    • Right-click on the preferred device then select Enable.
    • To make the device as your default audio, right-click on the chosen device then select
      Set as Default Device.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Switching audio

Problems switching audio devices

Hi toiren,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

I appreciate the steps you have perform, let’s try simple methods and check if this helps.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the issue still persist, I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the
    driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    And also visit the below link for No sound in Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Switching audio

1. Switching audio - Similar Threads - Switching audio

2. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  3. why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does the sound quality drop when i switch the audio input device to my headphone: Hello, when i try and use my headphone's microphone on a video game or discord i havent had a need to use it elsewhere, the sound quality becomes terrible. It's only when i try and use the built in microphone to the laptop that the sound quality isnt awful, however, the mic...
  4. When I add an audio output source, Windows starts switching outputs until newly added...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I add an audio output source, Windows starts switching outputs until newly added...: I have had this issue with my Corsair headset and thought it was an issue exclusive to the headset, when I would remove the USB stick and reinsert it, my Windows 11 audio output would start constantly switching between outputs until it was disconnected.Now, I am learning this...
  5. When I add an audio output source, Windows starts switching outputs until newly added...

When I add an audio output source, Windows starts switching outputs until newly added...: I have had this issue with my Corsair headset and thought it was an issue exclusive to the headset, when I would remove the USB stick and reinsert it, my Windows 11 audio output would start constantly switching between outputs until it was disconnected.Now, I am learning this...
  6. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  7. Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices

Rapid Switching Between Audio Devices: I use an Audiobox USB audio interface for recording music but when I plug it in to my brand new laptop, it freaks out and rapidly switches between the audio interface and the built-in sound system, making the computer basically useless until I unplug it.The interface works...
  8. how do I remove HP audio switch?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I remove HP audio switch?: due to the fact that HP stopped working in Russia, the bass stopped being heard on my headphones and hp audio control stopped working. I decided to install realtek hd to get rid of this. tell me how do I remove the HP audio switch and all its components?...
  9. how do I remove HP audio switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove HP audio switch?: due to the fact that HP stopped working in Russia, the bass stopped being heard on my headphones and hp audio control stopped working. I decided to install realtek hd to get rid of this. tell me how do I remove the HP audio switch and all its components?...
  10. how do I remove HP audio switch?