Windows 10: Switching back from Tablet mode

Discus and support Switching back from Tablet mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there. If you are experimenting with Tablet and desktop mode the mechanics are a bit convoluted. First I'd apply Brink's tutorial which allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jan 24, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Switching back from Tablet mode

Hi there.

If you are experimenting with Tablet and desktop mode the mechanics are a bit convoluted.
    First I'd apply Brink's tutorial which allows you to toggle to and from start menu or start screen mode without re-booting. He's fixed it for build 9926 too.

Now to get INTO tablet node from desktop - open the Notifications icon (why notifications Ms - that's CRAZY !!!!) and choose tablet mode.

Note to STAY in tablet mode set the system to use the start screen as per Brink's convenient toggle function. Otherwise you'll get metro apps windowed.

To switch BACK again you now have to go into PC settings - there's a switch - set tablet mode to OFF. Why the tablet mode couldn't have a simple on off switch from the SAME place is beyond me.

While this works at a TECHNICAL level Ms need to bring some "ergonomics" into their design -- this is one of the most convoluted means of achieving what should be an easy simple switch that I've ever encountered. Ms while testing get some REAL HUMANS involved not so much as to test the technical part of the build but just for easy USEABILITY. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 24, 2015
  2. Modelaman Win User

Switching back to desktop mode from tablet mode

Thank you for your reply. I did solve the problem after spending a lot of time in "Personalize Settings". I finally went to "Start" then turned off the "Use start full screen" switch. Now all is back to normal.

Thank you again for your help.

Modelaman, Jan 24, 2015
  3. Switching back to desktop mode from tablet mode

Hi Bob,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to switch to come out of tablet mode.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

What happens when you try to go out of tablet mode? Do you see any error message?

Please try these steps and check if that helps.

• Click on notification from right bottom.
    • Select all setting.
    • Under all setting select System where you can change display setting.
    • Select Tablet mode which is the second option from the bottom.
    • You will find an option when I sign in, under which you find a dropdown.
    • Select take me to desktop and reboot your system.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jan 24, 2015
Thema:

Switching back from Tablet mode

1. Switching back from Tablet mode - Similar Threads - Switching Tablet mode

2. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  3. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  4. How to switch apps in tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch apps in tablet mode?: Hello, I've using a surface running windows 10. But I don't even know how to switch between apps when in tablet mode, and I haven't found any information from Microsoft website. There is help for Turn tablet mode on , but the link on the page Use your PC like a tablet goes to...
  5. my computer is in tablet mode and wont switch back

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer is in tablet mode and wont switch back: so basically, I uninstalled discord, restarted my pc, and then it booted up on tablet mode. no matter what, it always booted in tablet mode, and I don't know how to turn it off. can I have any help? I fixed it. go to notifications, and click on tablet mode....
  6. my cumputer is in tablet mode and wont switch back

my cumputer is in tablet mode and wont switch back: so basically, I uninstalled discord, restarted my pc, and then it booted up on tablet mode. no matter what, it always booted in tablet mode, and I don't know how to turn it off. can I have any help?...
  7. How did I switch from desktop mode to tablet mode, and how do I get back.

How did I switch from desktop mode to tablet mode, and how do I get back.: How did I switch from desktop mode to tablet mode, and how do I get back to desktop mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-i-switch-from-desktop-mode-to-tablet-mode/3c4896f7-10f6-4800-834b-63ee30e28307
  8. Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode: Having used W10 on the SurfacePro 2 with keyboard for several years, I suddenly find that I can only use desktop mode. When I try to switch to the tablet mode using the left hand windows icon on the task bar, the icon "greys out" and doesn't function, and from then on the...
  9. Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.

Getting back to desktop mode from tablet mode.: I have a Lenova 2 in 1 ideapad with Windows 10. When I switched from tablet back to laptop my desktop will not change back to desktop mode with a start up menu and items showing that i had saved to desktop. I figured out how to get taskbar items back....
  10. Tablet mode interface switching?

Tablet mode interface switching?: Hi everyone As I have been using my tablet I started wondering if there's a way, while in tablet mode, to have windows symbol, back arrow, and Cortana symbol in the bottom right hand corner. In other words switch the placements of those items with the time, battery,...