Windows 10: Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons

Discus and support Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I switch back from tablet mode to desktop mode (which happens quite often with my surface), some of the icons in my system tray will seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wouter Couwenbergh, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons

Whenever I switch back from tablet mode to desktop mode (which happens quite often with my surface), some of the icons in my system tray will seem to have been clicked on. This only happens with some icons, likely those with a more traditional right click menu. The ones that noticed this happening with were skype and WinDynamicDesktop. For skype it is possible to dissable the tray icon, so this won't happen, but for WinDynamicDesktop it's not so the menu keeps popping up.

I have inclued a screenshot of what it would look like. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons [​IMG]

:)

Wouter Couwenbergh, Feb 24, 2019
  2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Feb 24, 2019
  3. 阿譽 Win User
    Tray icon is blurred when I switch user with different DPI

Hi everyone,

I develop application in windows 10 build 10586(newest version), and I find a problem.

Suppose I have two user accounts:

• session 1 (account user1), DPI: 125%
    • session 2 (account user2), DPI: 100%
    When I do theses steps, tray icon would be blurred...

• Launch program in user1 session, tray icon looks like clear on the bottom right corner。
    • Switch to another user (user2)。
    • Stitch back to the user1。
    • tray icon is blurred。
    • operate the application, tray icon is normal as long as it's updated。
    Does anyone encounter this issue? It would be no problem if both DPI are 100%, maybe OS use wrong icon to scale into 125%。

Thanks for your answer.

阿譽, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons

1. Switching back to desktop mode clicks on tray icons - Similar Threads - Switching desktop mode

2. WIFI Dropping but comes back when clicking on icon in tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Dropping but comes back when clicking on icon in tray: OK so this has been a running issue on my last three computers 2 Asus GOG towers and a Surface Pro 7, and the only common factors have been Windows 10 and Spectrum. So everything will be fine one minute, then I'll notice that a web page isn't loading, or a download is hanging...
  3. How to Switch back to S mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Switch back to S mode?: How do I switch back into Smode? [Original Title: Smode] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-back-to-s-mode/52a70ab7-eb77-4b42-936c-2fd40f77c559
  4. Desktop icons switched places

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons switched places: so for some reason my desktop icons just switched places and now there is a vertical space on the bottom of my screen I can't pace anything in (and no it's not my taskbar ;) ). Ow and one more thing, the browser shortcuts like Spotify.com .... well fsr the icons just shrank...
  5. Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing: Hi there, I've installed a few new updates recently and ever since yesterday, when I click on the Network icon, a grey box appears with the loading wheel and then disappears. [ATTACH] However, if I go into the lock screen Win+L I can still access the list from there?...
  6. System tray icon for desktop

System tray icon for desktop: In Windows 7 system tray, an icon showed for the desk top. This is not so in Windows 10. If I am on a web site, how can I quickly return to the desk top without closing the web site. I do this now and then login to the web site again....
  7. switch back in s mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    switch back in s mode: hello please I want to know how to switch back to s mode or know if with this mode my pc is exposed, venerable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-back-in-s-mode/53bda8e3-16d7-4f1c-abd3-c785f51405c4
  8. Backing up system tray icon placements

Backing up system tray icon placements: Hi guys, I'd like to ask if there is a way to back up the system tray, since every time BSOD happens, my system tray completely messed up and I have to arrangement every single icons over and over again....
  9. Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when clicking Windows 10 tray icon: I have finished wiping out my PC in order to upgrade to Windows 10. After applying numerous updates, I finally received the Windows 10 tray icon. Once i click on it, I get the following screen. Does anyone know what the issue is? It just sits on this screen with no further...
  10. Switching back from Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching back from Tablet mode: Hi there. If you are experimenting with Tablet and desktop mode the mechanics are a bit convoluted. First I'd apply Brink's tutorial which allows you to toggle to and from start menu or start screen mode without re-booting. He's fixed it for build 9926 too. Now to get...