Windows 10: Switching backup drives.

Discus and support Switching backup drives. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I get my system to backup on my c:\ drive instead of the "backup drive" I have installed in the tower?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenBeeman, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Switching backup drives.

How do I get my system to backup on my c:\ drive instead of the "backup drive" I have installed in the tower?

:)

StevenBeeman, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Mar 17, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Switching backup drives.

Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Switching backup drives.

1. Switching backup drives. - Similar Threads - Switching backup drives

2. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive: I want to prepare for switching to Win 11. Using Windows Backup seems useful in order to get all the settings back. I have an SSD with Windows on it. All my data files and photos are on my other two hdds, which are partitioned. When I open Backup and click on Folders, all...
  3. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive: I want to prepare for switching to Win 11. Using Windows Backup seems useful in order to get all the settings back. I have an SSD with Windows on it. All my data files and photos are on my other two hdds, which are partitioned. When I open Backup and click on Folders, all...
  4. Switch to win 11: use backup to OneDrive only for C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Switching drives

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching drives: I am trying to change the drive where games download and when i try changing the drive I get these messages. I hit yes on the first one and then get the 2nd. i tried doing it at different times and got the same pop-up, also tried restarting my PC and resetting the store and...
  6. How to switch backups from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to switch backups from one drive to another: My computer had Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using the Windows Backup program but my drive ran out of room and it had to stop backing up and gave me errors. Now I bought a new 8 TB usb external drive. I changed my settings to back up to that drive and it...
  7. Message after switching from hard drive to OneDrive for backup

Message after switching from hard drive to OneDrive for backup: Hi, When I started using OneDrive for backing up my PC Windows 10 laptop, I permanently unplugged my external hard drive. As a result I keep getting notifications to "Reconnect your drive". Is OneDrive affected in any way by this? How do I get rid of the notification?...
  8. Backup drives

Backup drives: Can one backup drive be used for multiple computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-drives/8b93a2a0-58a9-4a9a-b0a5-f57bc953eafe"
  9. backup to a network drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to a network drive: How to setup automatic backups to a network drive? From my laptop running Win 10 Pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-to-a-network-drive/1d5dbd64-d939-4b84-bb3b-b80505d0406f
  10. Backup Add a drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Add a drive: Jan. 3rd 2016 I have a 931 GB external HDD using a brick power supply and connected by USB. I wish to do weekly backups to it via Start/Settings/Update & Security/Backup. How can I use it please? It is not listed when I click Add a drive, although I can see and read it...