Windows 10: Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

Discus and support Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LordBastiIII, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or unplug my headset for wichever device i want rn. My pc will always prioritize the headset port but when its in, i cant change to the speakers. When i open the volume mixer both the speaker and my headphones will have the same name so when both are plugged in i cant change to my speakers through that menu, now because i have an electric desk now, i needed to change the position of my pc so its really annoying now to plug or unplug the headphones every time. So as far as i can see, my pc doesnt see any difference between the speakers and the headphones even though they are in different ports.
    thanks for the help

Windows 10
    headphones: Logitech G432 Wired Gaming Headset

speakers: Trust GXT Gaming Speaker Set

submitted by /u/LordBastiIII
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LordBastiIII, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Mar 29, 2021
  3. GarySt Win User
    Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

My drivers for headphones/speakers seem up to date. (Device manager). Help!!! *Sad

Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help [​IMG]

Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help [​IMG]

GarySt, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

Sound switch from laptop speakers to headphones.

click on the speaker icon (bottom right by the clock)

then click on the up arrow, to display the list of playback devices.

if you headphones are in the list click on them to switch sound output.

Martmcd, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

1. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help - Similar Threads - Switching between Headphones

2. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  3. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones: I cant find my speakers on the output devices, although when i plug out my headphones, they are automatically connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-between-speakers-and-headphones/e25db9b7-8303-42db-af28-0b2907bbafcc
  4. Cant switch between speakers and headphones without unplugging the headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones

Can no longer switch between speakers and headphones: Hi!So I have a windows 10 PC and have a pretty basic speaker set up creative pebble 2.0 and headphones plugged in razer kraken x.My speakers are connected to the usb and output jack in the back of my PC, my headphones are connected to the output jack on the front of my PC so...
  6. Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio not switching between speakers and headphones after case swap: Got my self a new computer case yesterday and plugged in my old components and everything went fine. But now when im switching between my speakers and headphones the audio stays on just my headphones until i open a new program then it plays on my speakers and vice versa....
  7. Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output

Audio doesn't automatically switch between headphones and laptop speaker output: Not sure when or why this happened, but my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 no longer automatically switches between audio output sources headphones and built-in Surface Laptop speakers. If I have sound playing and no headphones plugged in, the sound will continue to play...
  8. surface pro 4 wont switch between speakers and headphones

surface pro 4 wont switch between speakers and headphones: Hi, I recently did a fresh restore on my surface pro 4 and, after updating all drivers, now find that my Bluetooth headphones/audio jack does not switch automatically from the inbuilt speakers. I can force this switch to happen by delving into menus but it won't automatically...
  9. Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones

Win10 won't switch automatically between speakers and headphones: After a forced upgrade by Windows 10 *Mad which I tried for months to avoid, windows updater has succeeded to snick-in and install without my consent a new Win10 version. As expected the system has been destabilized and the damages until now are: - When I plug in and out the...
  10. VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones

VIA HD Audio doesn't switch between speakers/headphones: This is just a small problem, but pretty annoying one. I recently updated to Win 10, and the first thing I noticed was that the sound settings were weird. Both speakers and headphone sounds work perfectly fine, but they don't automatically switch when I plug/unplug the...