Windows 10: switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB

Discus and support switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there. We use Office 365 PowerPoint for software training in the extended screen mode, because we need speakernotes on our laptop, presentation on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Haifeif, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Haifeif Win User

switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB

Hi there.

We use Office 365 PowerPoint for software training in the extended screen mode, because we need speakernotes on our laptop, presentation on a projector. The powerpoint is made for software training, but this software needs the shared screen option.

During the training we have to switch between powerpoint and the other programm very often. And as you can for sure imagine, ALT+TAB is not enough.

Does anyone have a solution, or at least an idea how to deal with that easy?

Regards, Haifeif

:)

Haifeif, Jan 28, 2020
  2. xCustom17 Win User

ALT + TAB Not switching on release

Hi,

I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant.

But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the open programs, and when I release the combo, it would switch me to the program. But now I've noticed that when I press ALT+TAB, and release the combo, the little UI thingy still stays open and I either need to click the choice or press enter or something. And this is really annoying since I switch programs on a regular basis and this extra step feels unnecessary.

xCustom17, Jan 28, 2020
  3. alt + tab not working

*Confused switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Jan 28, 2020
  4. switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB

alt + tab not working

Alt+Tab only works if there is something in the background to switch to. If there is nothing to switch to (the game that has focus is the only thing running), the command isn't executed.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB

1. switching between shared and extended screen by using ALT+TAB - Similar Threads - switching between shared

2. Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logo on Window switch or "ALT+TAB": Hi ALL, I've been looking for the solution to my problem everywhere, but can't seem to find the correct search string to get to the root of the issue, so here it is: On my Asus ROG Rig there is always a windows splash logo declaring that the mode is Windows everytime i...
  3. [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BUG] Slow ALT+Tabbing between programs: don't know what's happening, but alt+tab freezes for a bit, it used to be simultaneous before. submitted by /u/nwr83 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dpt8rs/bug_slow_alttabbing_between_programs/
  4. Laptop unable to switch between router and range extender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop unable to switch between router and range extender: Hi,I am using windows 10 on Asus A555LF, since past few weeks my laptop is unable to switch from range extender to my router. I have Tenda router and tenda range extender installed at 1st floor and ground floor respectively. All other laptops and mobile devices switches as I...
  5. Lag when using alt + tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag when using alt + tab: Sometimes when I am trying to switch between apps with alt + tab, switching out of a big application, it lags a lot. Basically, it lags when I switch between pretty much, ANY application. It's really rare for a program to stop running because of it. I see on MOST windows...
  6. Windows 10: Cannot switch between Windows using Alt-Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Cannot switch between Windows using Alt-Tab: I have looked around the web. Everyone says check updates, isn't really an issue, or make sure system settings set to 'desktop mode.' My windows switch fine using Alt-Tab when in Tablet mode, how can I switch windows using Alt-Tab in desktop mode? The OS is called...
  7. ALT+TAB Just Sits On Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT+TAB Just Sits On Screen: So I'm at work and when I hit ALT+TAB, the pop up comes on but it doesn't actually switch windows. See example below: [img] When I'm at home and hit ALT+TAB, I can switch between windows without any issues. What I have to do is basically arrow over to where I want to...
  8. Problem with Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Alt + Tab: Hi, I have been experiencing an odd and rather annoying problem with alt + tab. [img] As you see the screenshot, these apps (Store, Window Feedback, Mail, Weather) have been keep popping up when I do alt + tab. Even I turn them off, they pop again after minutes or...
  9. ALT + TAB Not switching on release

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB Not switching on release: Hi, I've been having a bit of trouble with Windows the last few days, which has to to lead me to reinstall it over my current windows. Just mentioning it in case it might be relevant. But my problem is that I'm used to having to press ALT+TAB and it would display the...
  10. ALT + TAB turned Gaming Screen into Windowed Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    ALT + TAB turned Gaming Screen into Windowed Screen: Hello, I wanted to look other softwares and web pages when playing a game. So I clicked ALT + TAB. Then Gaming Screen turned into Windowed Screen and I can't revert it. How to do that? 87663