Windows 10: Switching between two microphone and speaker options.

Discus and support Switching between two microphone and speaker options. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use 2 methods for mic and speaker. A usb multi-adapter and headset for dictation or when somebody has a hard time hearing using the multi-adapter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilipToelkes, May 21, 2020.

1. Switching between two microphone and speaker options.

I use 2 methods for mic and speaker. A usb multi-adapter and headset for dictation or when somebody has a hard time hearing using the multi-adapter. Is there an easy way to switch between them without going through the windows steps to get to source? Is it possible to get a USB splitter of some sort which could switch back and forth? Thanks.

:)

PhilipToelkes, May 21, 2020

2. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 21, 2020
  3. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Problem with Lumia 930 second microphone - Page 2 - Windows Central Forums for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, May 21, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Switching between two microphone and speaker options.

microphone speaker feedback

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• When you say that, “you receive feedback between the microphone and the speaker” are you referring to the voice that repeats when you say something on the Microphone?
    • Are you using an inbuilt microphone or an external microphone? If you are using an external microphone, please help us with the make and model of the microphone.
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

If you want to listen to the things on your headphone that you say on the Microphone you can try changing the Listen to this device option for the Microphone that you are using and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change
    the settings.

1. Right click on Sound icon on the
      Taskbar
      and select Open Sound Settings.
    2. Click on Sound Control Panel.
    3. Click on Recording tab.
    4. Double click on the Microphone that you are using.
    5. Click on Listen Tab.
    6. Select Listen to this device
      if you want to listen to your voice on the Headphone or Clear
      Listen to this device if you do not want to listen to your voice on the Headphone.
    7. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Switching between two microphone and speaker options.

1. Switching between two microphone and speaker options. - Similar Threads - Switching between microphone

2. Quickly switching between two microphone inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly switching between two microphone inputs: Hi, i currently have a RODE NT-1A connected to my PC which i mainly use for recording my voice.Multiple times a day, when I leave my desk, I have to switch to the mic on my headset.Since i used discord as my main communication platform for the past few months this wasn't a...
  3. Quickly switching between two microphone inputs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly switching between two microphone inputs: Hi, i currently have a RODE NT-1A connected to my PC which i mainly use for recording my voice.Multiple times a day, when I leave my desk, I have to switch to the mic on my headset.Since i used discord as my main communication platform for the past few months this wasn't a...
  4. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  5. switching licenses between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching licenses between two laptops: Hello,I have two laptops, one is running Windows 10 Pro and the other is running Windows 10 home. I want to switch the licenses Pro to Home and Home to Pro. Is it possible to do so?...
  6. switching licenses between two laptops

7. switch between just two languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switch between just two languages: hey!how to switch between just two languages now I have 4 languages been installed on my windows 10, but it make me sick to get the language I want I know we got an option that I can use windows button + space but what I meant is how to switch just between two languages or...
  8. switch between just two languages

switch between just two languages: hey!how to switch between just two languages now I have 4 languages been installed on my windows 10, but it make me sick to get the language I want I know we got an option that I can use windows button + space but what I meant is how to switch just between two languages or...
  9. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  10. Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble identifying speakers when using switch between two monitors: For our business set up we use a switcher to change monitors between different 2 different desks. We use the monitor speakers instead of having additional clutter. The problem is that when we switch the main monitor A to the secondary monitor B it will automatically change to...