Windows 10: Switching Business Account to Personal Account

Discus and support Switching Business Account to Personal Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently retired and was allowed to take my computer with me upon retirement. Because I was running the companies software--most notably Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EnrybJJ, Aug 4, 2019.

1. EnrybJJ Win User

Switching Business Account to Personal Account

I recently retired and was allowed to take my computer with me upon retirement.

Because I was running the companies software--most notably Windows 10 and Office 365--I decided to go ahead and buy a subscription to Office 365 Home and I want to do the same thing for my Windows 10 software as well. The fact is, there are various IT Admin settings on the account that I would prefer to have removed and I don't think I can get rid of them without either doing a fresh install of Windows 10 or changing the Product Key (which I assume can be purchased online).

Is my thinking correct? Do I need to pay to get a new Product Key? And do I need to change the product key from the one I currently have in order to avoid my former company having control over some of the settings on the computer.

Thanks,

John

:)

EnrybJJ, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Separating personal and business accounts in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to create a new Microsoft Account For personal use follow the steps below and check if it helps. Another account which you’re using now you can use it for business i.e. (old Microsoft account)

• Go to the
      Microsoft account sign-up page
      and tap or click
      Create account.

• In the User name box enter your existing email address, or tap or click
      Get a new email address to create an Outlook or Hotmail address.

• Fill out the rest of the form, then tap or click
      Create account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Switching Business Account to Personal Account

Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks but already stated been down the no alias track ... and all want, is to have my current business email as main 'everything'

Find strange (especially in 2019 cant just transfer over from personal to business)

So is only option is delete personal account and set up one for business?

But worried with come into issues as Office365 Business premium and domains are set up with personal MS account email plus all stuff on Microsoft. Cant even sign into Edge Chromium browser as doesn't accept business email but could sign into Book 2 when
    set up so go figure. Have also have Office 365 Business premium without MS business account and Skype business and OneDrive business with personal account without any red flags (rather strange in itself)

Does anybody know if can contact MS (but without going through that convoluted stupid virtual assistant) and know if they can change everything over from personal? (Best Number if possible)

PalahLahay, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Switching Business Account to Personal Account

1. Switching Business Account to Personal Account - Similar Threads - Switching Business Account

2. Changing Microsoft personal account to business account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Microsoft personal account to business account: A number of years ago I thought I created a Microsoft account for my business but it is listed a personal account. Every time I set up a new computer I consider creating a new business account but I want to access my subscriptions so I continue to use this account. I have...
  3. Changing Microsoft personal account to business account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Microsoft personal account to business account: A number of years ago I thought I created a Microsoft account for my business but it is listed a personal account. Every time I set up a new computer I consider creating a new business account but I want to access my subscriptions so I continue to use this account. I have...
  4. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Is it possible to have a personal and a business account on the same desktop in Windows 10 Professional? Would appreciate any comments/suggestions on how to set this up. Tx...
  5. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Is it possible to have a personal and a business account on the same desktop in Windows 10 Professional? Would appreciate any comments/suggestions on how to set this up. Tx...
  6. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

7. Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop

Personal and Business Account on Same Desktop: Can you have a personal account and a business account on the same desktop? If so, what is the best way to set this up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-and-business-account-on-same-desktop/d3e33216-b9d8-44eb-b234-0436a59abf0b
  8. Business to personal account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Business to personal account: Need to find out how to get into computer. Boss gave work computer to me and then took down my business email and I can't get into my computer because it now says I can not add a personal email to a business account. Can't get past the pin code, it will not take the one I...
  9. Switching personal accounts.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Switching personal accounts.: So I originally had Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on my account and i tried to sign in the Microsoft store with that account that i got the game in but i get You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead. This is my own computer, and...
  10. Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account: Hi Support Community, Looking to change my old personal Microsoft account to reflect new business account. Currently have an alias set up against two domains and just purchased Surface Book 2 for business and logged in under new domain no problems but cant sync settings or...