Windows 10: Switching Business Account to Personal Account

Discus and support Switching Business Account to Personal Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently retired and was allowed to take my computer with me upon retirement. Because I was running the companies software--most notably Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EnrybJJ, Aug 4, 2019.

1. EnrybJJ Win User

Switching Business Account to Personal Account

I recently retired and was allowed to take my computer with me upon retirement.

Because I was running the companies software--most notably Windows 10 and Office 365--I decided to go ahead and buy a subscription to Office 365 Home and I want to do the same thing for my Windows 10 software as well. The fact is, there are various IT Admin settings on the account that I would prefer to have removed and I don't think I can get rid of them without either doing a fresh install of Windows 10 or changing the Product Key (which I assume can be purchased online).

Is my thinking correct? Do I need to pay to get a new Product Key? And do I need to change the product key from the one I currently have in order to avoid my former company having control over some of the settings on the computer.

Thanks,

John

:)

EnrybJJ, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Switching Business Account to Personal Account

1. Switching Business Account to Personal Account - Similar Threads - Switching Business Account

2. Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing a personal Microsoft account to business account: Hi Support Community, Looking to change my old personal Microsoft account to reflect new business account. Currently have an alias set up against two domains and just purchased Surface Book 2 for business and logged in under new domain no problems but cant sync settings or...
  3. Switching or converting from a local admin account to a Microsoft business account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching or converting from a local admin account to a Microsoft business account: Hello, I just started working at this company. They are currently in the process of upgrading all their computers from Windows 10 Home to Pro. The computers that are already upgraded are mostly using a Local Account which is also an administrator. These need to be...
  4. Can't switch accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch accounts: A friend has set up her new laptop running windows 10 by using a gmail account as the user. I've created an outlook.com account for her as we want to use that instead of the gmail account. I've added the account to Windows 10 so the laptop has two accounts on there....
  5. Personal account sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personal account sync: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot sync my personal account. It is the domain account and I receive a message that it cannot be synced. I couldn’t find any button to press sync with another account...
  6. How to change a personal account login to a business login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a personal account login to a business login: Hi Community I have a new laptop for a new job. Before I recieved my new company email address I used a personal address to setup my laptop. However, now I have two logins for the machine. One for the laptop login and one for 365 and other programs. So, my question is;...
  7. local account unable to switch to MS account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  8. Switching Accounts on Laptop

Switching Accounts on Laptop: When I first bought this laptop I registered the administrator account under an account I do not have anymore because it has been stolen. I wanted to try and switch, but it asked me to sign out using the password which I don't have. Please help, I have not been able to...
  9. Switching to a local account

Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...
  10. Problems Switching Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems Switching Accounts: I switched to a local account but cannot switch back to a MS account. I go through the loops of putting in my email addess and password then authorising it on my phone but nothing changes at all. I am using build 10240 and have not had any problems logging on. Anyone...