Windows 10: Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums

Discus and support Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I switched my laptop with my mother's laptop about a year ago. my laptop was the only one that she was able to do dual screens with and had enough USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Perpill, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums

I switched my laptop with my mother's laptop about a year ago. my laptop was the only one that she was able to do dual screens with and had enough USB ports to do specific things that she needed for work.

The issue now is that all of her programs and work profiles are all on my account and she never used her account.

How can I save all the data and programs and things that she has put on my account and transfer it to her new account all on the same laptop? That way I can have my old account back?

submitted by /u/Perpill
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Perpill, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 12, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums

1. Switching data to another account. Can't find in other forums - Similar Threads - Switching data another

2. Cant find another app/files when switching account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant find another app/files when switching account: I just bought laptop, it came with the store window account as an admin. Then I add my new account and set it as admin, but when I switch to it I can't find any files/app that on other window account? How to enable it?...
  3. Cant find another app/files when switching account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant find another app/files when switching account: I just bought laptop, it came with the store window account as an admin. Then I add my new account and set it as admin, but when I switch to it I can't find any files/app that on other window account? How to enable it?...
  4. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to other accounts: Hello,For the past 2 days, I am not able to switch user accounts because they don't come up on the startup/logon screen or the taskbar menu. The account name does come up with the net user command prompt, the account is enabled and is an Administrator account.So far, I have...
  5. Can't switch to other accounts

Can't switch to other accounts: Hello,For the past 2 days, I am not able to switch user accounts because they don't come up on the startup/logon screen or the taskbar menu. The account name does come up with the net user command prompt, the account is enabled and is an Administrator account.So far, I have...
  6. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  7. Can't switch to other accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch to other accounts: HiAfter I fixed the problem with my hard disk and successfully entered the desktop with a new administrator account, I can't login to other accounts now.Every time I try to switch users it won't work and take me back to login screen and there aren't any other users in login...
  8. Can't switch to other accounts

9. Can't find or switch to another user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find or switch to another user: Hi, Finally upgraded from Win7 Home to Win10 Home. The upgrade ported 3 of 4 user accounts on the PC successfully. Of the three, 2 were old user accounts which I deleted after the upgrade along with the one that was not ported successfully. I was left with one account, let's...
  10. Other accounts not available to switch to:

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other accounts not available to switch to:: When I run net users I can see other users and administrator accounts. I can also see accounts with I use the netplwiz command. When I run an elevated command prompt. I can type in the administrator password. But when I lock the screen or go windows users or...