Windows 10: Switching dead key

Discus and support Switching dead key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Is there a way to change the dead key from '/" to `/~?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanisEQS, Jan 10, 2020.

1. JanisEQS Win User

Switching dead key

Hi! Is there a way to change the dead key from '/" to `/~?

:)

JanisEQS, Jan 10, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 10, 2020
  4. csatennis Win User

Switching dead key

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Switching dead key

1. Switching dead key - Similar Threads - Switching dead key

2. Switching dead SSD, don’t have windows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching dead SSD, don’t have windows key: Hello! I’m installing a new ssd drive for booting since my old one died and can’t be accessed at all. I bought this pc from ibuypower 5 years ago so I don’t have my windows key but that pc it is registered under my account. Could I recover my windows once I install the new...
  3. Switching dead SSD, don’t have windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching dead SSD, don’t have windows key: Hello! I’m installing a new ssd drive for booting since my old one died and can’t be accessed at all. I bought this pc from ibuypower 5 years ago so I don’t have my windows key but that pc it is registered under my account. Could I recover my windows once I install the new...
  4. Switching dead SSD, don’t have windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  6. Product Key on Dead SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key on Dead SSD: I recently had an SSD failure which necessitated sending the part back to the manufacturer and receiving a replacement. I am trying to load Windows 10 onto my new SSD, but I can't use the product key because it is still active on the old computer, and I don't know how to...
  7. want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    want to switch to IBM German keyboard, but dead keys doesn't work: Hello, I want to switch to IBM German keyboard because the Caps Lock properties are more comfortable. I tried it, but dead keys doesn't work for and so on. Have you an idea how to fix it? Erh with Windows 10 Version 1909 (10.0.18363 Build 18363) 159147
  8. Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?: I originally posted this on the Hardware and Devices Forum, but perhaps that was the wrong place. At any rate, no one responded. Windows 10 version 1909 The problem appeared about three months ago. My keyboard layout is for the Icelandic language. It includes a dead key...
  9. Dead keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dead keys: Windows 10 Home 1809 If I type a double quote " or a single quote ' or a carat ^ or a tilde ~ I need to touch another keyboard character after before it registers on screen. I know this behavior is call 'dead keys'. So, I search and find instructions to defeat the behavior....
  10. Problems with dead keys on MKLC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with dead keys on MKLC: Hello, I’m using the Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 to create custom keyboard layouts that fit my typographic requirements. For the field that I study I need a lot of characters that aren’t available on the windows keyboard. I use dead keys to exploit a wider range of...