Windows 10: Switching desktop on one monitor without affacting the other?

Discus and support Switching desktop on one monitor without affacting the other? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently switched to Windows from mac. I now sit with two monitors, and have 3 desktops created. Is it possible to go to 'desktop 2' on my main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SimonOChrist, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Switching desktop on one monitor without affacting the other?

I recently switched to Windows from mac. I now sit with two monitors, and have 3 desktops created.

Is it possible to go to 'desktop 2' on my main monitor without my second monitor has to do it as well. So my second monitor keeps the windows open, that I was working on.

submitted by /u/SimonOChrist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SimonOChrist, Nov 3, 2019

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Switching desktop on one monitor without affacting the other?

HELP 5870 Issues:CCC resets settings on restart, Partial desktop, Lock in 2D clocks!

I didn't understand! Are suggesting this as a prelude to re-installing the CCC again?
    If yes, it's the case of fresh windows installation which I already did..
    If no, removing CCC will result in the desktop switching to a horrible low rez (800x600) and there'll be no black border and no partial desktop!!
    I did try removing only the monitors' drivers, as I said in my first post (Step 3), but I guess It wasn't clear..Sorry! English is not my first language, you know!

Thema:

Switching desktop on one monitor without affacting the other?

1. Switching desktop on one monitor without affacting the other? - Similar Threads - Switching desktop monitor

2. One monitor works the other doesn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One monitor works the other doesn't: Hello everyone, thanks for reading and helping in advance. Yesterday I switched an old psu for the current one, which somehow caused the old monitor, 24" let's go with 24" coz i forgot the brand not to give display. At first I thought I have not fully slotted in the rx550 but...
  3. One monitor works the other doesn't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One monitor works the other doesn't: Hello everyone, thanks for reading and helping in advance. Yesterday I switched an old psu for the current one, which somehow caused the old monitor, 24" let's go with 24" coz i forgot the brand not to give display. At first I thought I have not fully slotted in the rx550 but...
  4. One monitor works the other doesn't

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it possible to keep switching one desktop background but not the other (when using 2...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to keep switching one desktop background but not the other (when using 2...: I have a few dozen nice desktop backgrounds that cycle through on each of my 2 monitors, but if I really like one but want to switch the other to the next desktop background it alternates left and right. Is there a way to keep switching just one background (if I like my right...
  6. One monitor lighter than the other

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One monitor lighter than the other: Hi everyone! I have an Inspiron 7373 2-1 and I am using a USB-C dock and I am using a dual monitor display . One of my monitors is connected to my laptop and the other is connected to the dock since there is only one HDMI port on each. After booting my computer, the display...
  7. Any way to switch one for the other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to switch one for the other?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/netocavalcanti [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i37jyn/any_way_to_switch_one_for_the_other/
  8. Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby: I have a dual monitor system running Windows 10 v. 1903. Sometimes when I put the computer into standby, I will hear at some later time some Windows sounds and when I wake it up, I will find that the (locked) taskbar along with other apps I had opened on one monitor...
  9. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...
  10. One monitor brighter than the other one?

in Windows 10 Support
    One monitor brighter than the other one?: Since a few days I have a dual-screen setup but one thing is bugging me: The left (LG Flatron W2261VP) is BRIGHTER than my older right monitor (IIYAMA) and it's very noticable on the taskbar. I now have a brown taskbar and one bar is SIGNIFICALLY brighter than the other one)...