Windows 10: Switching displays

Discus and support Switching displays in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I often switch my display from my computer monitor to my TV screen by selecting Extend these Displays in Display Settings. There are two different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lazarericus, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Switching displays

I often switch my display from my computer monitor to my TV screen by selecting Extend these Displays in Display Settings.

There are two different ways this will work:

1. All screen contents i.e., all open windows, and controls switch to the alternate screen, i.e., TV screen, and Keep Changes appears on the TV screen.

2. All screen contents and controls remain on main screen, computer monitor, and Keep Changes appears on that screen. Once you click on Keep Changes you can move whatever Windows you want to the alternate (TV) screen. Normally I am only moving one window to the TV screen and I want to keep everything else on my computer monitor.

This has always worked according to the No. 1 scenario until I had a problem with Windows and had to reinstall or recover it. When Windows was re-installed Extend These Displays worked like option 2, which is my preference and is much easier to use.

However, at some point it reverted back to option 1, and I haven't been able to find any setting to change it back to option 2.

Where is the control to switch between these two options?

How do I change Display Settings - Extend These Displays to work according to Option 2.

:)

lazarericus, Aug 13, 2018

2. new KVM switch wouldn't display on monitor

Just got a new kvm switch to connect my two cpus but it won't bring out displays...
    Would put up a pic of the monitor interface in the morning.
    Suggest ions please...

purplekaycee, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Switching displays

Apps stop updating the display after switching to tablet mode

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with apps stop updating the display after switching to tablet mode.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

There is a possibility, that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt display drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter

Let’s try running inbuilt Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to get the problem automatically detected and fixed. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed
    correctly.

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Hardware and Device and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

Download Drivers.

Note: The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Switching displays

1. Switching displays - Similar Threads - Switching displays

2. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  3. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...
  4. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  6. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  7. "Turn off the display" timer got reset after restart / switch off PC Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Turn off the display" timer got reset after restart / switch off PC Windows 11: Hello Community,I come back with the same issue that I met while being on Windows 10 regarding the "Turn off the display" timer...
  8. "Turn off the display" timer got reset after restart / switch off PC Windows 11

"Turn off the display" timer got reset after restart / switch off PC Windows 11: Hello Community,I come back with the same issue that I met while being on Windows 10 regarding the "Turn off the display" timer...
  9. The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.: Hi!Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎7/‎15/‎2022 OS build 19045.3803 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 I set the language to English United States, switched the displayed system interface to English, set the formats of the United...
  10. The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.

The welcome screen displays Russian Moldova after switching to English.: Hi!Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎7/‎15/‎2022 OS build 19045.3803 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0 I set the language to English United States, switched the displayed system interface to English, set the formats of the United...