Windows 10: Switching email address help please

Discus and support Switching email address help please in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The email address I used for all Microsoft accounts including Xbox, was involved in a data breach, so I added an alias and made it my primary one,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Frantic88, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Frantic88 Win User

Switching email address help please

The email address I used for all Microsoft accounts including Xbox, was involved in a data breach, so I added an alias and made it my primary one, then, in Sign-in preferences I unticked the box for the original email address leaving the new one ticked. The next time I tried to log in it didn't recognise the password for the new email address and I was completely locked out of everything including my xbox, even getting a code by email and phone didn't work. I finally managed to get back in on my phone which fortunately hadn't logged out and after I'd unticked the box for the old email address everything was working again.

Can someone please tell me if it's possible to switch all MS accounts seamlessly to an alias with a view to deleting the original email address that's been compromised in a data breach.

:)

Frantic88, Mar 5, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Kari, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Switching email address help please

Mail app no longer permits my Exchange and Outlook accounts with same email address

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type Email Account to find Add or remove app, website, or email accounts.
    • Click on an account and hit Manage button.
    • Click on Change Mailbox sync settings.
    • Set the email switch to On under Sync options.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Switching email address help please

1. Switching email address help please - Similar Threads - Switching email address

2. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I did a stupid thing today. The way the primary email address for my account was spelled with caps has been bugging me and today I decided to change it. The email was ******@msn.com and the ****** was all caps. Since I could not just change it, I added another alias which was...
  3. This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This email is part of a reserved domain. Please enter a different email address.: I did a stupid thing today. The way the primary email address for my account was spelled with caps has been bugging me and today I decided to change it. The email was ******@msn.com and the ****** was all caps. Since I could not just change it, I added another alias which was...
  4. This email address is already taken. Please try another????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This email address is already taken. Please try another????: Hello allSome help please.My current email address/alias will be decommissioned soon.In trying to add a new alias the aforementioned message appears."This email address is already taken. Please try another"However the email address is mine.How can I add or merge accounts?Many...
  5. This email address is already taken. Please try another????

This email address is already taken. Please try another????: Hello allSome help please.My current email address/alias will be decommissioned soon.In trying to add a new alias the aforementioned message appears."This email address is already taken. Please try another"However the email address is mine.How can I add or merge accounts?Many...
  6. Please recognise *** Email address is removed for privacy *** & not *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please recognise *** Email address is removed for privacy *** & not *** Email address is...: See my question above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-recognise-not-as-my-default-email-address/53d62b67-ed5c-433d-b415-a5e57167c8bd
  7. Please recognise *** Email address is removed for privacy *** & not *** Email address is...

Please recognise *** Email address is removed for privacy *** & not *** Email address is...: See my question above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-recognise-not-as-my-default-email-address/53d62b67-ed5c-433d-b415-a5e57167c8bd
  8. Please recognise *** Email address is removed for privacy *** & not *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. This email address is already taken. Please try another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This email address is already taken. Please try another.: I tried using a new email to replace my old one but when i tried to add it it said that " This email address is already taken. Please try another. " even though I have not used it before....
  10. Please block Mailware email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please block Mailware email address: Hi, Could yo block this email - *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Because I received from this email message where he spreads threats and extorts money - pls see below in red ' . . , , . , , . . . , . ' , ! , , , . :...