Windows 10: switching f# keys function

Discus and support switching f# keys function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so I'm using a Microsoft surface 3 and i need to switch the functions of the f1, f2, f3, etc. buttons and I've tried BIOS, the mobility center and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AranelZelda, Jun 19, 2019.

1. switching f# keys function

so I'm using a Microsoft surface 3 and i need to switch the functions of the f1, f2, f3, etc. buttons and I've tried BIOS, the mobility center and the keyboard control panel, to no avail. any suggestions?

i never use these keys except in cases of gaming, and i cant because their function isn't doing what i need it to do.

:)

AranelZelda, Jun 19, 2019

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 19, 2019
  3. F function Keys

I upgraded my computer to windows 10 and on my surface and now my F (function) keys only brings up

SuzannaBriggs, Jun 19, 2019
  4. switching f# keys function

f# keys secondary functions

Hello,

About your concern on disabling the function keys, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Do you have the manual of the computer?

You may either check the manual or contact the computer manufacturer's technical support regarding disabling the function keys.

Don’t hesitate to inform us if you have any other concerns.

Regile Reb, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

switching f# keys function

1. switching f# keys function - Similar Threads - switching keys function

2. permanate switch function keys with media keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    permanate switch function keys with media keys: is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanate-switch-function-keys-with-media-keys/55a044d4-f48a-43a5-93f2-2cc8c171ce92
  3. permanate switch function keys with media keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    permanate switch function keys with media keys: is there a way to make the function keys automaticly do the media function? i want to remove the need to press the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanate-switch-function-keys-with-media-keys/55a044d4-f48a-43a5-93f2-2cc8c171ce92
  4. What F key restores the mouse functions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What F key restores the mouse functions?: What F key restores mouse functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-f-key-restores-the-mouse-functions/a4209597-5956-414d-a73b-92b30cb2a202
  5. What F key restores the mouse functions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What F key restores the mouse functions?: What F key restores mouse functions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-f-key-restores-the-mouse-functions/a4209597-5956-414d-a73b-92b30cb2a202
  6. function keys switches

in Windows 10 Customization
    function keys switches: Running Windows 10. Image below is similar to my keyboardMy function key has flipped. Here's what I mean. Look at the "F1 /audio mute" key. Initially, if I wanted to select the mute option, I pressed the F1 key. Now I have to press both the Fn key and the F1key to mute. What...
  7. F key functions

F key functions: I've been using COREL DRAW from the first addition. "ZOOM" in and out functions were controlled by using the F2, F3 & F4 buttons while in the program. Lightening destroyed my old Windows 7 and 10 computers. The new ones.... F keys open internet or advertising or puts the...
  8. Assigning a custom command to a keyboard "F" function key

Assigning a custom command to a keyboard "F" function key: Hi all, I would like to create a custom function for a "F" key. For example, I would like to have a shortcut that opens a regularly used folder on a particular drive in my PC simply by hitting "F6". Currently I have to do multiple clicks as the folder sits inside other...
  9. Loss of few F-key functions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of few F-key functions: My Toshiba Satellite C55-A laptop is several years old; I have had it at least since 2013. Until a few years ago, every key functioned as it was supposed to, but now two of my F-keys no longer work. It has no F-Lock key but does have an FN key without a light, in case anyone...
  10. Switching Function Keys' Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Function Keys' Use: Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite P50-C-12Z and have been trying to change my function keys so that I don't need to press the fn button to use the special keys (change volume and brightness etc) - and so need to press fn to use the F1-12 keys. I found the setting in the BIOS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f# keys windows 10