Windows 10: Switching Form One Windows OEM Key To Another

Discus and support Switching Form One Windows OEM Key To Another in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a laptop that was supposed to have OEM Windows 10 Pro, but arrived with OEM Windows 10 Home. I've since received an OEM key to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by piNGThuT, Sep 19, 2020.

1. piNGThuT Win User

Switching Form One Windows OEM Key To Another

Hi,

I bought a laptop that was supposed to have OEM Windows 10 Pro, but arrived with OEM Windows 10 Home.

I've since received an OEM key to activate Windows 10 Pro..

I've been reading about updating on this forum and have used the generic upgrade key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T to upgrade the Windows version.

When I used this key, it upgraded Windows to Enterprise, not Pro. Is this normal?

Also, as I will likely reinstall windows when I upgrade the laptop's storage, I was wondering if the new Pro OEM key will be saved in bios like the Home OEM key is and if it will overwrite or take precedence over the Home OEM key.

Thanks.

:)

piNGThuT, Sep 19, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 19, 2020
  4. jsalpha2 Win User

Windows 7 OEM key

Hope this is not against the rules. If you do a clean install of Windows 10, it may, (has for me) accept a Win 7 OEM key and activate.

jsalpha2, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Switching Form One Windows OEM Key To Another - Similar Threads - Switching Form OEM

2. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...: Hello, I have a question about OEM windows activation licenses.I bought two windows activation keys at a low price on the website they said they were RETAIL. On the laptop I added an activation license and on the computer the other activation key. I mention that the laptop...
  3. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...: Hello, I have a question about OEM windows activation licenses.I bought two windows activation keys at a low price on the website they said they were RETAIL. On the laptop I added an activation license and on the computer the other activation key. I mention that the laptop...
  4. One Microsoft account with OEM license key and another Microsoft account with OEM license...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows to retail key switched to oem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows to retail key switched to oem: So I recently built a new desktop, and I realized I had an old laptop with windows 10 on it, so I took the key from that pc and put it onto my new desktop. Everything is working great, but I am wanting to take the key off when I clone my ssd, so I can put it back on after....
  6. Switching back to oem key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching back to oem key: When I bought my PC it came with a preinstalled windows 10 home , but then I changed the activation key to windows 10 given by my collage, and it has expired or not activating my window any longer ? I want to know how can I switch back to my own key which came with it...
  7. Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key: Hello all, I've got second hand laptop yesterday. It is Lenovo T640, which comes with Windows 10 Pro OEM license preinstalled in the BIOS. Unfortunately I'm unable to use this key anymore, because the first owner has reached the limit of activation of this key (I called...
  8. I'm trying to switch product key from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm trying to switch product key from one computer to another: The old computer license is connected to Microsoft account but I don't know how to switch to this computer. The troubleshooter shows Error code: 0xC004C003 on this computer. My old computer is activated but I don't know if I should remove the old one before or after I try...
  9. Help with switching from MAK key to OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with switching from MAK key to OEM key: Currently, I have a MAK key activated on my windows 10 pro, but I wanna switch to OEM key I currently received. Can I just enter the new OEM key into the "Change product key" area in the settings, or do I need to first delete the old one manually somehow. Thanks in advance....
  10. Switching form one network config to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switching form one network config to another: Hello Everyone, I have three networks in my life: one at my employed job, one at my own workshop, and one at home. I have a Win10 laptop with me most of the time. Now, two of the networks I use have a DHCP server which leases addresses to my laptop. The third network (at my...