Windows 10: Switching from Chrome

Discus and support Switching from Chrome in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone make the switch from Google Chrome to MS edge, if you have how are you finding Edge, is it easy to take all your favourite websites over. If you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bikeit, Jun 21, 2020.

1. bikeit Win User

Switching from Chrome

Anyone make the switch from Google Chrome to MS edge, if you have how are you finding Edge, is it easy to take all your favourite websites over. If you decide you no longer want to use Edge is it easy to uninstall? TIA

:)

bikeit, Jun 21, 2020

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Switching from Chrome

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Switching from Chrome

1. Switching from Chrome - Similar Threads - Switching Chrome

2. Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.: Whenever I've got a program with either tabs or a menu bar I've noticed it'll completely freeze everything for 10-20 seconds EVERY time the mouse moves from say "file" to "edit" or "view", or from a chrome tab to the next tab or even the top bar of an adjacent window. That's...
  3. Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.: Whenever I've got a program with either tabs or a menu bar I've noticed it'll completely freeze everything for 10-20 seconds EVERY time the mouse moves from say "file" to "edit" or "view", or from a chrome tab to the next tab or even the top bar of an adjacent window. That's...
  4. Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store: I've been having an issue with Chrome for a while, and I think I've already tried everything from resetting Chrome to reinstalling and double-checking the default browser on my computer. Still, the switch to Chrome pops up. Also, whenever I open my Chrome, why do some of my...
  5. Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store

Switch to Chrome Pop-up in chrome Web Store: I've been having an issue with Chrome for a while, and I think I've already tried everything from resetting Chrome to reinstalling and double-checking the default browser on my computer. Still, the switch to Chrome pops up. Also, whenever I open my Chrome, why do some of my...
  6. Google Chrome will automatically play YouTube videos in PiP if you switch tabs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will automatically play YouTube videos in PiP if you switch tabs: KEY POINTS Google Chrome is introducing an automatic picture-in-picture (PiP) mode for YouTube and other videos. The auto PiP mode is designed to enhance multitasking. For instance, if a user is watching a YouTube tutorial and needs to switch tabs, the video will move to a...
  7. Duplicate chrome windows/instances appearing whenever I switch window using alt+tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate chrome windows/instances appearing whenever I switch window using alt+tab.: I have been facing this problem ever since I bought my new laptop i.e. 1 year ago, which came pre-installed with windows 11.Whenever chrome is open and I try to switch window by pressing alt+tab, it just creates several duplicate chrome windows. And it just makes switching...
  8. Duplicate chrome windows/instances appearing whenever I switch window using alt+tab.

Duplicate chrome windows/instances appearing whenever I switch window using alt+tab.: I have been facing this problem ever since I bought my new laptop i.e. 1 year ago, which came pre-installed with windows 11.Whenever chrome is open and I try to switch window by pressing alt+tab, it just creates several duplicate chrome windows. And it just makes switching...
  9. why is my google chrome switched with yahoo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my google chrome switched with yahoo: I downloaded the Epic games launcher and then I went to google and it was yahoo instead of google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-google-chrome-switched-with-yahoo/59e193a9-4432-4a80-a1d7-58f311a37621
  10. why is my google chrome switched with yahoo

why is my google chrome switched with yahoo: I downloaded the Epic games launcher and then I went to google and it was yahoo instead of google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-google-chrome-switched-with-yahoo/59e193a9-4432-4a80-a1d7-58f311a37621