Windows 10: Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue

Discus and support Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys. Bit of a "first world problem" here i know but it is slightly irritating and really would appreciate any help There is 2 computers and 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kane, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Kane Win User

Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue

Hi guys. Bit of a "first world problem" here i know but it is slightly irritating and really would appreciate any help

There is 2 computers and 2 virgin superhubs in the house i live in (not both mine) both ethernet connected. Occasionally i have to unplug my superhub and connect my desktop computer to the Wifi on the other hub which is in the next room.

My computer obviously "remembers" the password for the wifi and i used to be able to just unplug my hub and it would automatically connect to the wifi without me having to do anything.

Since switching to Windows 10, when i unplug my hub, it says that it is connected to the wifi however it says "limited" and no websites work, effectively not connected even though it says it is.

To solve it i have to leave my hub unplugged and restart my computer and it connects instantly and works. Whilst that isn't a huge problem, i sometimes could do without having to save what i'm doing just to restart the computer as i have never had to do this before.

The same problem also occurs in reserve if you get me. Disconnecting the Wifi and then plugging in the hub, it also says limited connection until i restart the comp. Virgin Media have been of no help whatsoever, to be honest I didn't expect them to be as it seems like a computer/windows problem.

Any help please on how to fix this? Thanks in advance

:)

Kane, Nov 6, 2015
  2. MonotroX Win User

WP7 Network Speed over WiFi - Poll

Reason for the better connection with USB is simple: Once the phone is synced with zune it switches the connection from wifi to ethernet (as ethernet has higher priority) it then uses your pc's network to connect to the internet.

MonotroX, Nov 6, 2015
  3. PHoiLLeR Win User
    Windows 10 update error 0x8024401c

Thanks! This was my exact issue on two PCs at home. Switched to WIFI and updates applied successfully. Will not connect via Ethernet.

PHoiLLeR, Nov 6, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

One thing I've had better luck with is using a Network Switch for Ethernet connections between computers and the Router.

Something I did the other day was install a Range Extender, this one in fact:
    Amazon.com: D-Link Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Range Extender Accessories
    It improved reception of the Blu-Ray device with NetFlix they use, gives a better signal for watching movies, should work with a computer's Wi-Fi. I put it about half way between the Router and the TV [2 walls between the Router and TV].

Berton, Nov 6, 2015
  5. Kane Win User
    i appreciate the reply, but i shouldn't have to buy anything like that if it used to work perfectly before an OS upgrade. all i'm doing really is trying to switch from an ethernet connection to a wifi connection. Range is not the issue here

Kane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Switching from ethernet connection to Wifi issue - Similar Threads - Switching ethernet connection

2. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue: Lately, I have had trouble connecting to the internet in my apartment, and the issue seems to be directly related to my computer. No one else in my apartment is having issues, and I know the IPv4 address is valid. Sometimes, I can get my laptop to connect to the internet via...
  3. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue: Lately, I have had trouble connecting to the internet in my apartment, and the issue seems to be directly related to my computer. No one else in my apartment is having issues, and I know the IPv4 address is valid. Sometimes, I can get my laptop to connect to the internet via...
  4. Wifi/Ethernet Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer switching from wifi to ethernet constantly.

Computer switching from wifi to ethernet constantly.: So my motherboard has wifi built into it, I have the MPG Z590 Gaming Edge motherboard. I also have my ethernet connected to my router to my pc. When I Launch my computer, it switches back and forth between the two so for at least 2 minutes im constantly connecting and...
  6. Ethernet or Wifi connection

Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  7. Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue

Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue: Product: Example: HP Notebook 15 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit I turned my computer on this morning and out of no where my wifi was turned off and not connected to my network. When I went to reconnect it said there was no networks available. So I tried...
  8. switching between wifi and ethernet

switching between wifi and ethernet: Can you make my wifi become faster alone without the eternet the wifi works fast on all other devices in the house but not mine. I cant watch videos with just my wifi and I ask the HP chat help and talked to an agent and he said to reset the system and he said it would work...
  9. Connection Issue WiFi vs Ethernet?

Connection Issue WiFi vs Ethernet?: Lately, I seem to have a connection conflict between Wifi and Ethernet. I show my laptop as connected to both. It is in another room from the modem and router. It will disconnect periodically. I can only reconnect by restarting the computer. Wireless is strong throughout...
  10. File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi

File sharing fails when switching from Ethernet connection to WiFi: Hi, I have a network with : 2 Pcs on W10 Pro (PC1 & PC2) 1 WindowsHomeServer (WHS) a box to connect to the Internet File sharing is enable and everything works fine each PC can access the Internet and files from all computers. To get rid of the ethernet cable, I...