Windows 10: Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

Discus and support Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by sage analise, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again." I am able to sign into my Microsoft account on everything else including on the web, etc and the password is correct however it's not letting me sign in still.

:)

sage analise, Feb 11, 2024

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Feb 11, 2024
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Feb 11, 2024
  4. Kari Win User

Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

1. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Switching Local Account

2. Unable to switch from Local account to Microsoft account on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to switch from Local account to Microsoft account on windows 11: Hi, I have been having issues with my laptop lately, my antivirus kept adding system files to quarantine and the likes, I tried fixing them by switch to a local account and dealing with the issue from there but when I try to switch back to a Microsoft account, I can't seem to...
  3. Unable to switch from Local account to Microsoft account on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to switch from Local account to Microsoft account on windows 11: Hi, I have been having issues with my laptop lately, my antivirus kept adding system files to quarantine and the likes, I tried fixing them by switch to a local account and dealing with the issue from there but when I try to switch back to a Microsoft account, I can't seem to...
  4. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  5. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  6. Unable to Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: I have a laptop that was setup with a local account. Now I am trying to switch to a Microsoft Account. However, when I click on the Sign-in with a Microsoft Account Instead button, the Microsoft Account screen pops up and closes without any opportunity to log-in. Same thing...
  7. Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account: I had on my W10 a local account as administrator. I've logged it with my Outlook account, in order to purchase some item from Microsoft store. Now I want to revert back to Local account, but doesn't work. Of course I'm using my now my Outlook password instead of the local...
  8. How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?: So I wanted to switch from my local account to my Microsoft account, but my microsoft account was already associated with my local account so I couldn't just use the "sign in with microsoft instead" option. Fine. So I created a new local account and made it admin, then...
  9. Switch local to microsoft account on windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switch local to microsoft account on windows: i'm trying to switch my windows local account to my Microsoft account but after i go to setting>accounts>your_info>sign in with a Microsoft account instead and write down my user name and password i get a message that another user on this device using my Microsoft account...
  10. Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: Not sure if the problem is with my Windows or with Microsoft. I changed my account to a local one (for some reason I can't remember) before I upgraded to Windows 10. I tried changing it back to a Microsoft account, I am able to type in my account, password, my computer...