Windows 10: Switching from Manjaro to Linux

Discus and support Switching from Manjaro to Linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I posted this question on the Manjaro Linux forum, and someone directed me to here. Now, I switched from Windows 10 to Manjaro and I want to switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeZekel, Feb 11, 2020.

1. MikeZekel Win User

Switching from Manjaro to Linux

I posted this question on the Manjaro Linux forum, and someone directed me to here. Now, I switched from Windows 10 to Manjaro and I want to switch back, mainly because I can't play most of my games with Linux. I already have a 8GB USB with Windows 10 on it. However, it's not an ISO. Just an EXE. I can use Wine to launch it, and when click install on the Windows 10 pop-up, it gives an error message saying that Windows cannot find a location to store temporary files. I tried running BIOS and selecting the USB, but that told me to use Rufus. I installed and launched Rufus with Wine. I cannot select a device on Rufus though, as when I click on it, nothing happens. I'm stuck with Manjaro, not being able to play most of my games. Any way on how I can swithc my OS back to Windows 10?

:)

MikeZekel, Feb 11, 2020
  2. D_Blade Win User

Dual Boot Linux Manjaro Issues in Windows 10

Ehh,

that sounds weird. Why would it want to start Windows if you selected Linux ? In EasyBCD, did you choose the partition where you installed Linux on ? I mean, if you choose to boot Linux, it should not come up with "Windows failed at start" at all...

Well, you are free to try it with a different OS. Its sad, that Manjaro does not work, since it is one of the most user-friendly Linux systems.

D_Blade, Feb 11, 2020
  3. witkazy Win User
    Manjaro

Well, did'Ya?*Big Grin Switching from Manjaro to Linux :D But seriously i'm kinda looking for some linux distro to drive Amd Ryzen 5 2400G based build, so any sugestions would be welcome.Cheers.

witkazy, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Switching from Manjaro to Linux

Switch to Linux ??

Find a suitable Linux forum and request comments from people who converted from Linux to Windows, in particular on

• Stability
    • Ease of use
    • Availability of external help in case of trouble
    • Availability of applications, games
    • Data exchange with the Windows world

Frederik Long, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Switching from Manjaro to Linux

1. Switching from Manjaro to Linux - Similar Threads - Switching Manjaro Linux

2. DualBoot W11 & Manjaro - OneDrive inaccessible from Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DualBoot W11 & Manjaro - OneDrive inaccessible from Linux: Hello there!I have a dual-boot system with Manjaro and Windows 11. Additionally, there's one more NTFS partition that is shared solely for data. Within that partition, there's an OneDrive folder containing all downloaded files. It has been working fine for a long time, but...
  3. DualBoot W11 & Manjaro - OneDrive inaccessible from Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DualBoot W11 & Manjaro - OneDrive inaccessible from Linux: Hello there!I have a dual-boot system with Manjaro and Windows 11. Additionally, there's one more NTFS partition that is shared solely for data. Within that partition, there's an OneDrive folder containing all downloaded files. It has been working fine for a long time, but...
  4. Trying to go back to windows from Linux Manjaro, but got stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to go back to windows from Linux Manjaro, but got stuck: I don’t know if anyone here can help, but I really want to go back to windows from Linux, but I’ve used woe usb to make a bootable usb with both the 32 bit and 64 bit but neither have worked, my bios is set to boot off of the flash drive, what am I doing wrong? submitted by...
  5. Switching from linux to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from linux to windows 10: Hey guys, around mid October i switched from Windows 10 to linux in search of more storage space, but i am realizing now that I like and need windows, for school and other things, and linux is more for the computerly knowleged. As i put above, i have owned windows 10 before,...
  6. Switching from Manjaro/Linux to Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from Manjaro/Linux to Windows: I posted this question on the Manjaro Linux forum, and someone directed me to here. Now, I switched from Windows 10 to Manjaro and I want to switch back, mainly because I can't play most of my games with Linux. I already have a 8GB USB with Windows 10 on it. However, it's not...
  7. Switch to Linux ??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switch to Linux ??: after the major windows 10 failure I can't stop thinking to switch to Linux but I never use Linux any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-to-linux/5b377ddf-1501-4a16-9477-308fed1d81ac
  8. Switching to from win 10 to linux

Switching to from win 10 to linux: hello everyone, I have a question as i have purchased my laptop form dell and my window OS is already installed as it comes in the laptop package and when i check the license key of my window 10 it shows that it is digitally licensed. So i want to ask as currently now i want...
  9. Switching to Linux

Switching to Linux: I am done with Microsoft and their updates restarting my computer without my permission during important video conferences. I turned off updates, somehow they got turned back on, again without my permission. I have been using Windows for 25 years. And I am done. Can someone...
  10. Switching from Windows to Linux

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching from Windows to Linux: Hello I am Nikhil Bansal and I am a college student. I am using original windows 10 but as per my college course curriculum I have to work on Linux. I can switch to linux but then I will lost my original windows. Right? So what should I do as I am a student and also wants...