Windows 10: Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel

Discus and support Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm thinking to switch from the 1st to the 2nd channel in the Windows Insider program, as I read that is in any case considered reliable. To do so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SimoneBonzanini, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel

Hi, I'm thinking to switch from the 1st to the 2nd channel in the Windows Insider program, as I read that is in any case considered reliable. To do so I think I simply have to unenroll my laptop and then enroll it again? In case I will regret the move I hope I will be able to switch back again in a simple way?thanks for any clarification you may give me,Simone

:)

SimoneBonzanini, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Pauli O Win User

Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel

"There is contradictory information on how to move back from the Windows Insider "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel. It's supposed to be easy, says Microsoft, yet it's anything but."

Insider team open window to move from Dev to Beta when they released build 22581 on both channels on March 23, 2022. There is info when this windows will be closed, keep eye on insider blog. My bet is that this window will be closed before end of this month.

Quote from release announcement of build 22581:

• Build 22581 is also being flighted to Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel. Now that the Dev and Beta Channels are receiving the same builds, the limited window has opened for Insiders to switch channels if desired. Please read the details below about the limited window to switch channels and what happens when the window closes. The time is now for you to make sure you’re in the channel you want to be going forward!
    Home | Windows Insider Blog

>"After some recent, frequent, huge updates to Windows 11, spaced maybe one week apart"

This frequent will be slower when Dev step ahead of beta.

>Option 1. ... Does this mean that I would no longer be a Windows Insider? Or does it mean that at that time, I would be allowed to join the Release Preview channel?"

You can be insider if you wish, that's only option to stop getting previews when next Win11 version will be released to public.

>"Option 2. ... I don't even know if this is an option, but at least in theory, some future Beta channel preview could be a co-release with the Release Preview ... the choice of moving back from Beta to Release Preview will not be grayed out? But is this even in the cards?"

Yes, this should happen later this year around Sep/Oct when MS prepare to release Win 11 v22H2 to public. As current Beta and Dev builds it's already going to that direction.

Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel 8d1d09a6-b845-46d7-b80a-c825c8cae045?upload=true.png

>"I'd of course prefer to stay with the Beta channel, but not if the time-consuming updates are as frequent"

As already mentioned this should slow down when Dev jump ahead of Beta and development team focus to get more stable Beta version.

This forum is dedicated for insider previews.

Redirecting

Pauli O, Feb 22, 2023
  3. Bert22306 Win User
    Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel

There is contradictory information on how to move back from the Windows Insider "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel. It's supposed to be easy, says Microsoft, yet it's anything but.

After some recent, frequent, huge updates to Windows 11, spaced maybe one week apart, I can see that my "happy home" in the Beta channel may have to come to an end. The problem is, because the recent Windows 11 pre-releases are all co-releases with the Dev channel, the option to move back to Release Preview is grayed out. An added annoyance being, these updates always push an older graphics driver back into my PC, causing me to have to go back to the Intel site, for the new driver.

Best I can tell, there are only two options for moving back easily, meaning, without being forced into a clean install with the ISO method. Please, anyone who knows, elucidate me.

Option 1. In the Insider options, opt to stop getting any release preview versions. At some point, after a major public update of Windows 11, Microsoft would put me back on the public release schedule. Does this mean that I would no longer be a Windows Insider? Or does it mean that at that time, I would be allowed to join the Release Preview channel?

Option 2. The crux of the problem is that the recent Beta releases have been co-releases with the Dev channel. I don't even know if this is an option, but at least in theory, some future Beta channel preview could be a co-release with the Release Preview channel, as many had been in the past. Maybe when this occurs, the choice of moving back from Beta to Release Preview will not be grayed out? But is this even in the cards?

I'd of course prefer to stay with the Beta channel, but not if the time-consuming updates are as frequent as just one week apart, for heaven's sake. The Release Preview channel would be a good choice, I think. Please anyone who knows this detail let me know. Thanks.

Bert22306, Feb 22, 2023
  4. Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel

Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation

I missed the invitation to go to the Beta channel and the Release Preview Channel . My computer does not meet the hardware requirement for Win11. How can I get the current version, 21H2 Build 19044.1147 (KB5004296) downloaded so I don't have to wipe my computer?

eddychecker, Feb 22, 2023
Thema:

Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel

1. Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel - Similar Threads - Switching Release Preview

2. Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Release Preview to Beta channel: Hi, I'm thinking to switch from the 1st to the 2nd channel in the Windows Insider program, as I read that is in any case considered reliable. To do so I think I simply have to unenroll my laptop and then enroll it again? In case I will regret the move I hope I will be able to...
  3. Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel: There is contradictory information on how to move back from the Windows Insider "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel. It's supposed to be easy, says Microsoft, yet it's anything but.After some recent, frequent, huge updates to Windows 11, spaced maybe one week apart, I can see...
  4. Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from Insider Program's "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel: There is contradictory information on how to move back from the Windows Insider "Beta" to "Release Preview" channel. It's supposed to be easy, says Microsoft, yet it's anything but.After some recent, frequent, huge updates to Windows 11, spaced maybe one week apart, I can see...
  5. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 released for Dev and Beta Channels

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 released for Dev and Beta Channels: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 has been released to the Dev and Beta Channels. It adds some new features to the Media Player app, Windows Spotlight, and fixes a number of bugs. [ATTACH] Media Player The Media Player app in Windows 11 supports 2 views in the artist...
  6. Changing to Beta Build after switching from Dev channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing to Beta Build after switching from Dev channel: I have changed from Dev channel to Beta channel in the windows insider program. My system is running build 22494 latest build in Dev channel, is there a way we can roll back to Beta build that is 22000. Or that will happen automatically with new updates and we have to wait?...
  7. Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation: I missed the invitation to go to the Beta channel and the Release Preview Channel . My computer does not meet the hardware requirement for Win11. How can I get the current version, 21H2 Build 19044.1147 KB5004296 downloaded so I don't have to wipe my computer?...
  8. Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation: I missed the invitation to go to the Beta channel and the Release Preview Channel . My computer does not meet the hardware requirement for Win11. How can I get the current version, 21H2 Build 19044.1147 KB5004296 downloaded so I don't have to wipe my computer?...
  9. Missed the Release Preview Channel invitation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. windows 11 beta channel release

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 11 beta channel release: when will windows 11 come to the beta channel In july yes but what date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-beta-channel-release/24fc1fa2-fd50-4d31-a109-20d25b49df64