Windows 10: SWITCHING FROM THIRD PARTY ANTI VIRUS TO WINDOWS DIFFENDER

Discus and support SWITCHING FROM THIRD PARTY ANTI VIRUS TO WINDOWS DIFFENDER in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I CANT BE ABLE TO TURN ON MY WINDOWS DIFFENDER BACK AFTER UNINSTALLING AVAST. THE REAL TIME PROTECTION SWITCH IS ALSO NOT WORKING .PLEASE POST A... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vidhunv, Nov 22, 2020.

1. vidhunv Win User

SWITCHING FROM THIRD PARTY ANTI VIRUS TO WINDOWS DIFFENDER

I CANT BE ABLE TO TURN ON MY WINDOWS DIFFENDER BACK AFTER UNINSTALLING AVAST. THE REAL TIME PROTECTION SWITCH IS ALSO NOT WORKING .PLEASE POST A SOLLUTION. MAY I KNOW DOES OTHERS HAVE THE SAME ISSUE

:)

vidhunv, Nov 22, 2020

2. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Smeed, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. SWITCHING FROM THIRD PARTY ANTI VIRUS TO WINDOWS DIFFENDER - Similar Threads - SWITCHING THIRD PARTY

2. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  3. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  4. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  5. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  6. third party calls.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    third party calls.: Is anyone having issues with making third party calls ? im using windows I already install and uninstall skype and restarted my computer. im using the latest version of skype. there is no dial pad available and it happen to several people.Moved from Spanish Forum...
  7. Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer: I checked the windows defender on my Laptop. I found that it is empty, the whole screen is empty. so I followed various resolving issues online and found that windows defender is completely deleted from my Laptop. [ATTACH] C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows...
  8. Using a third-party virus/malware app with windows defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using a third-party virus/malware app with windows defender.: Does anyone know if there is a way to use a third-party virus/malware protection like Bytefence in conjunction with Windows Defender WITHOUT turning off similar features in Windows Defender? The problem is that Windows Defender shows that "actions are needed", and displays a...
  9. Third party drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third party drivers: I recently purchased a microscope and a microscope camera so I could view the microscope on screen, I loaded the driver and this seemed to be OK, however, when I connected the camera a fault code came up and the computer would not allow me to run the camera. I later found out...
  10. Uninstall third party anti-virus first before Reset This PC??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall third party anti-virus first before Reset This PC??: I have a question about uninstall third party anti-virus on my desktop. I want to get the program of Windows Defender working again as that is the reason why I installed third party anti-virus program, Bitdefender just in case get malware virus on my desktop. I am planning to...