Windows 10: Switching from Ubuntu, back to Windows 7

Discus and support Switching from Ubuntu, back to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had my computer officially running on Windows 7 and then i switched to Ubuntu as Windows 7 was a bit slow. Now i want to know if I still have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Devang Ghodkhande, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Switching from Ubuntu, back to Windows 7

I had my computer officially running on Windows 7 and then i switched to Ubuntu as Windows 7 was a bit slow.

Now i want to know if I still have the official license for windows 7 as i want to upgrade Ubuntu to Windows 10 because Windows 10 free needs an official license of Windows 7

:)

Devang Ghodkhande, Sep 23, 2020

2. Ubuntu 9.10 Beta Karmic Koala quick review

window RC 7 & Ubuntu 9.10

I have windows 7 RC & Ubuntu 9.10 installed a dual boot, on 750gb HD only.
    When the Window 7 RC expires in March 2010 I need to replace
    with Windows 7. The question is how do I get GRUB oot menu back?
    I'm a novice to this If some could give step by step instruction
    to reinstall the GRUB boot loader that would be appreciated.

The machine Dell Precision 690 4x HD, 12gb memory, 2 dual core xeon

Thanks so much,
    Will

Please reply to ==>
    L: wgill@optonline.net

weatherguyto, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Help on triple boot: Ubuntu, Win 7, XP.

• [/quote] then run it Code: sudo gparted[/quote]
    • And you should see that the Windows 7 partition has a flag indicating that it is a boot partition, remove that flag;
    • Reinstall Windows XP on sda2 (now XP should install its loader on sda2 too);
    • Test if XP boots from GRUB;
    • After this restore the boot flag on the 7 partition and test all OSs;
    I remember doing something like this long time ago (Longhorn/Vista early days), but it was with two different HDDs so it was "kinda" easier.
    Good luck. Click to expand... I did exactly what you said and came up with the same results. It doesn't really matter, though. It's just a slight inconvenience that I can overlook. However, I will remember the steps and commands your provided me for future reference. I appreciate your time and effort in helping me with this matter. One last question. Is it possible to have the following OS'es: Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Home Server, all without conflicts?

GoFigureItOut, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Switching from Ubuntu, back to Windows 7

Networking Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.10

Hm. I am out of suggestions.

However, I do have an Ubuntu box at home so I can do some testing later today.

angelkiller, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Switching from Ubuntu, back to Windows 7

1. Switching from Ubuntu, back to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Switching Ubuntu

2. I USED TO HAVE WINDOWS 11 ON MY LAPTOP BUT SWITCHED TO UBUNTU NOT DUAL BOOT COMPLETE SWITCH...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I USED TO HAVE WINDOWS 11 ON MY LAPTOP BUT SWITCHED TO UBUNTU NOT DUAL BOOT COMPLETE SWITCH...: I'd prefer to not spend money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-used-to-have-windows-11-on-my-laptop-but/b8c350a0-3bd9-43ba-abd6-b2ca870c9dee
  3. I USED TO HAVE WINDOWS 11 ON MY LAPTOP BUT SWITCHED TO UBUNTU NOT DUAL BOOT COMPLETE SWITCH...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I USED TO HAVE WINDOWS 11 ON MY LAPTOP BUT SWITCHED TO UBUNTU NOT DUAL BOOT COMPLETE SWITCH...: I'd prefer to not spend money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-used-to-have-windows-11-on-my-laptop-but/b8c350a0-3bd9-43ba-abd6-b2ca870c9dee
  4. Why can't I switch my Ubuntu 20.04 from WSL 1 to WSL 2? I cannot use MS Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I switch my Ubuntu 20.04 from WSL 1 to WSL 2? I cannot use MS Store.: I'm getting tired of trying for 2 hours now.I've tried wsl --set-version Ubuntu 2 more times than I'd like to admit out of boredom, and anger. When I do that command, all it does is spit out every other command in the PowerShell thing. Please help....
  5. Why can't I switch my Ubuntu 20.04 from WSL 1 to WSL 2? I cannot use MS Store.

Why can't I switch my Ubuntu 20.04 from WSL 1 to WSL 2? I cannot use MS Store.: I'm getting tired of trying for 2 hours now.I've tried wsl --set-version Ubuntu 2 more times than I'd like to admit out of boredom, and anger. When I do that command, all it does is spit out every other command in the PowerShell thing. Please help....
  6. Why can't I switch my Ubuntu 20.04 from WSL 1 to WSL 2? I cannot use MS Store.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't install Windows 10 after switching to a ubuntu based distribution of Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Windows 10 after switching to a ubuntu based distribution of Linux: Hello!I've been recently trying to install windows 10 on my PC's NVMe SSD that had a ubuntu-based distribution installed on it. After creating a bootable USB stick with Windows 10 on it I was greeted with a message stating that I needed to insert installation media with...
  8. Can't install Windows 10 after switching to a ubuntu based distribution of Linux

Can't install Windows 10 after switching to a ubuntu based distribution of Linux: Hello!I've been recently trying to install windows 10 on my PC's NVMe SSD that had a ubuntu-based distribution installed on it. After creating a bootable USB stick with Windows 10 on it I was greeted with a message stating that I needed to insert installation media with...
  9. Can't install Windows 10 after switching to a ubuntu based distribution of Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switched to ubuntu 1 month ago now i cant install windows10: 1 month ago i switched to ubuntu. I have 2NVME i want to install windows in one, in the other one i have ubuntu. I download windows.iso from media creation tool and go to rufus. GPT UEFINO CSM FAT32 8192by default motherboard:...