Windows 10: Switching from Windows 10 Home-S Mode to the same without -S mode

Discus and support Switching from Windows 10 Home-S Mode to the same without -S mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, We just bought a new HP laptop 2 days ago at Best Buy. We didn't notice didn't know what is it that it came with Windows 10 Home -S mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Naomi N, May 26, 2020.

1. Naomi N Win User

Switching from Windows 10 Home-S Mode to the same without -S mode

Hi,

We just bought a new HP laptop 2 days ago at Best Buy. We didn't notice didn't know what is it that it came with Windows 10 Home -S mode installed. When starting installation, my husband somehow opted out, installed Chrome and set up all the common sites with passwords, etc.

Now today there was automatic Bios update after that the Windows opened again in -S mode. We cannot figure out how to turn it off and if it's possible at all or not. When we try to follow suggested steps e.g. go to Settings then Update & Security / Activation / Store, click on 'Get button' we're getting an error 'Something went wrong' with only 'Close button'

I already tried HP support and was told that switching Windows is not managed by warranty and will be a chargeable service. Do I understand correctly that our other option is to return this laptop back to Best Buy and wait when the stores will open normally we bought this one online which we normally don't do?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Naomi N, May 26, 2020

2. Switching out of S Mode

I am having trouble switching my laptop out of S Mode. I went through the steps that are listed, and the Windows Store is updated and it won't let me click Get when you go to the screen to switch out of S mode.

ChelseaSmith3, May 26, 2020
  3. Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulty you are facing. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the model number of the system?
    2. Could you please provide the screenshot of the page where you are not able see Get button by referring to

How to include a screenshot in your post
      ?

We would suggest you to refer
    Switching out of S mode in Windows 10
    and
    Fix problems switching Windows modes in Microsoft Store
    and try performing troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 26, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Switching from Windows 10 Home-S Mode to the same without -S mode - Similar Threads - Switching Home Mode

2. Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hello, I would like to know how I could switch out of S Mode. I do know how to do it but whenever I go into the store and I am on the right page it says Check with your IT or system administrator. Could somebody please help me with this. I have inserted a picture of what it...
  3. Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching out of Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hello, I would like to know how I could switch out of S Mode. I do know how to do it but whenever I go into the store and I am on the right page it says Check with your IT or system administrator. Could somebody please help me with this. I have inserted a picture of what it...
  4. switching from S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    switching from S mode: I Installed a trial Parallels Desktop v17 . I joined the Windows Preview program and downloaded Windows 10 insider for ARM and installed it. This runs in S mode but I need it to run in non S mode. However when I go to deactivate S mode, Microsoft tells me I don't have a valid...
  5. switching from S mode to 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    switching from S mode to 10 home: I have been trying to get windows 10 activated on a new computer in S mode. I get the response, "working on it", for the past 3 days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-from-s-mode-to-10-home/a8945aba-9cf3-4c73-b2f7-8cc33e3bfbf1
  6. Switching from S Mode

Switching from S Mode: Hello. Ive recently purchased a laptop with windows 10. i need to switch from S mode. I go to the store and select 'Get' but then all I have is an error message 0x80070426. What might I be doing wrong?...
  7. switching to s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    switching to s mode: I just got a new surface go. I have windows pro w s mode. It will not let me select the get button to switch out of s mode on the store. What do I need to change so I can select get button....
  8. How to switch from windows 10 "S" mode to windows 10 "home" mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch from windows 10 "S" mode to windows 10 "home" mode: How to switch from windows 10 "S" mode to windows 10 "home" mode if, as I understand it, is the only way to download my preferred browser google chrome and then once someone explains to me on how to do the switch, I'd like to know how I go about downloading/installing google...
  9. S mode switch

S mode switch: I am unable to download S-mode switch from Microsoft store says something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade try again I try again and it just repeats https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-mode-switch/48b596fd-54fb-4f42-8dae-2547b2e0e581"
  10. Switching from " Windows 10 S mode " to " windows 10 home mode "

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching from " Windows 10 S mode " to " windows 10 home mode ": Ive just purchased an ACER SWIFT SF113-1 this come with " windows 10 S " installed . I use numerous non -Microsoft applications and need to remove the "s mode " . the information given with the laptop and on the Microsoft site to remove the " S Mode " don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 switch out o s mode without microsoft account

2. how to change frome windows home to windows s mode