Windows 10: switching from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. do we need product key again?

Discus and support switching from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. do we need product key again? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, microsoft I bought a gaming laptop 2 months ago. it was already activated, the os was windows 10 home. i was planning to switch from windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmanArun, Dec 5, 2020.

1. AmanArun Win User

switching from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. do we need product key again?

Hey, microsoft

I bought a gaming laptop 2 months ago. it was already activated, the os was windows 10 home. i was planning to switch from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. The question is, do we need product key again? I mean i already have windows 10 home product key. if changing to windows 10 pro is the previous activated product key going to work? or do we have to buy a new product key for windows 10 pro

:)

AmanArun, Dec 5, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 5, 2020
  4. switching from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. do we need product key again?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

switching from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. do we need product key again?

1. switching from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. do we need product key again? - Similar Threads - switching home pro

2. we found a windows 10 home digital product key for this device running windows 10 pro to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    we found a windows 10 home digital product key for this device running windows 10 pro to...: Ive had this pc for about 4 years never had an issue but this month a watermark randomly appeared it says activate windows and its bothering me i checked trouble shoot it says we found a windows 10 home digital product key for this device running windows 10 pro to activate...
  3. we found a windows 10 home digital product key for this device running windows 10 pro to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    we found a windows 10 home digital product key for this device running windows 10 pro to...: Ive had this pc for about 4 years never had an issue but this month a watermark randomly appeared it says activate windows and its bothering me i checked trouble shoot it says we found a windows 10 home digital product key for this device running windows 10 pro to activate...
  4. we found a windows 10 home digital product key for this device running windows 10 pro to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with product key: Hi! This is my first post and I am still a somewhat beginner with Windows. I am a student attempting to upgrade my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home) to Windows 10 Pro (I was following information on how to use Xamarin and it recommended enabling Hyper-v for the...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro with Product Key - Error: With my previous laptop with Windows 10 Home, I purchased a product key from MS to upgrade from Home to Pro in 2020. I have since had a new laptop with Home and wish to upgrade to Pro. I recovered my old Laptop back to its orignal Home version of windows 10 I then used...
  7. Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Switching from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Having used Windows versions for many years and Windows 10 since it was first introduced I recently decided to purchase a new laptop with Windows 10 Pro. Apart from the delight in having newer faster hardware, my main interest was improving my data privacy and security. I...
  8. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  9. Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Switch from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home: My son bought a home built computer from someone that had Windows 10 education / student on it and the license expired. He switched version to Windows Pro that it is no longer active. He bought Windows 10 home and now gets invalid license code....
  10. Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME

Switch from Windows 10 PRO to Windows 10 HOME: I purchased Windows 10 HOME and want to install in on my pc but PRO is listed but I only have product key for HOME. I have tried everything I have seen online to make the change and nothing is working. Help!...